Starting Travel Ball (bat recommendations)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2022
Do you have any evidence to back that up? From what I saw this past season, there were a lot of LS girls using the Xeno, much more than I see on the TB circuit.

I think more older girls use it because they had experience with it before the Ghost became so popular.

Just the teams I watch and the visits we went on. Small sample size but saw only a couple girls with Xenos more with lxts. Usually the bigger stronger players vs the gap speed players .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Just the teams I watch and the visits we went on. Small sample size but saw only a couple girls with Xenos more with lxts. Usually the bigger stronger players vs the gap speed players .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would put the LS split more at 40-40-10. That's Xeno, LXT, and Meta. I took a lot of mental notes as I watched to see how it compared to what we sell at the store, and I was surprised at how many Xenos I saw. If I had to rank them by sales, I would say it was 50% LXT, 30% Xeno, and 20% Meta.

Nov 2, 2021
My daughter used a Meta last year (first year U13) and loved the bat. She was looking for a bit more oomph and the drop 10 was a bit more end-loaded than her drop 11 Demarini. We had no durability issues. Bat had a ton of pop right out of the wrapper. Our team bat this year will be the new Meta but Santa is delivering a new Pitch Black Ghost Unlimited so we will see which bat reigns supreme.

Jan 25, 2022
It's crazy to me that every kid on our team has a $400 bat. After intersquad, everyone's bat is just laying there in the dirt and I usually yell out in my dad voice, "I see $3k worth of bats laying in the dirt. It's obvious you all didn't pay for them!"

When I was playing baseball between like 87 and 95, most of us swung the crappy team bats with no label that looked like they were made of pure lead and had electrical tape for grips. And anyone who had batting gloves only had one glove. Just the left hand for us RHB.

No one had a bag aside from a few kids and it was just a sleeve big enough for the bat. The rest of us stabbed the bat through our glove and carried it like 19th century kids carried their lunch to school in a sack on a tree branch. Only the wealthier kids had a bat that cost $100 or more. I was pumped to get the $50 basic easton. Catcher's gear, helmets, and even cups (a large and a small) for the catchers were shared. You'd come up to bat and the kid on 2B was wearing the only helmet that fit you, so you crammed on a small one that folded your ears over inside, and when you got back to the bench and took it off you could feel the blood rush back into the head.

Aug 15, 2021
I would put the LS split more at 40-40-10. That's Xeno, LXT, and Meta. I took a lot of mental notes as I watched to see how it compared to what we sell at the store, and I was surprised at how many Xenos I saw. If I had to rank them by sales, I would say it was 50% LXT, 30% Xeno, and 20% Meta.
My DD switched to a Xeno first year 14U and has loved it. She I mainly got it as a backup because I heard they were durable, but it quickly became her main back. I bought her a second one as a backup and she just now switched to that newer bat after 2.5 years of using her first Xeno and that one is still going strong. I also like that the Xeno is a bit cheaper than some of the other bats. She tries out other bats when we are at big tournaments and they have demos, but she still likes her Xeno.

Jan 25, 2022
slackers. every girl should have minimum 2 $400 bats with a possible 3rd to let coaches know how serious you are.

Only half way joking. lol
My other daughter would keep her old aluminum bat in the bag too. She liked the symmetry..lol

Oct 4, 2018
It's crazy to me that every kid on our team has a $400 bat. After intersquad, everyone's bat is just laying there in the dirt and I usually yell out in my dad voice, "I see $3k worth of bats laying in the dirt. It's obvious you all didn't pay for them!"

When I was playing baseball between like 87 and 95, most of us swung the crappy team bats with no label that looked like they were made of pure lead and had electrical tape for grips. And anyone who had batting gloves only had one glove. Just the left hand for us RHB.

No one had a bag aside from a few kids and it was just a sleeve big enough for the bat. The rest of us stabbed the bat through our glove and carried it like 19th century kids carried their lunch to school in a sack on a tree branch. Only the wealthier kids had a bat that cost $100 or more. I was pumped to get the $50 basic easton. Catcher's gear, helmets, and even cups (a large and a small) for the catchers were shared. You'd come up to bat and the kid on 2B was wearing the only helmet that fit you, so you crammed on a small one that folded your ears over inside, and when you got back to the bench and took it off you could feel the blood rush back into the head.

Dude, get with the times. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles