No composite bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2010
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good bat that isn't composite? We just found out that our county league will not allow composite bats to be used and that is the only kind we own. I had planned on buying my oldest daughter a new Easton Synge for x-mas. I'm glad I didn't now. So I now have to go and purchase 2 new bats (have one playing 10U and one playing 12U). Any suggestions? I've heard Anderson bats are really good but they are expensive and since I have to get 2 of them not sure if I can afford them. I guess I could always buy one really good one and one middle of the road one. I am so aggrevated with this new rule. ;:)mad:

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
10U and 12U rec? My suggestion is any decent bat from Walmart. Really. You won't spend more that $60 each.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The new Anderson bats are cheaper than the old ones. An easton 777 is a good bat for rec. And the Rawlings Plasma can be bought fairly cheap.

I just had exceptional luck at Play It Again Sports and bought 2 Rockettechs for $29.00. I am going to re-sell them on Ebay. They are currently bringing $250.00.

Mar 22, 2010
Thank you Amy. I haven't been on here in months because of the type of comments I just got. You however are one of the very few who are sweet and helpful.

My oldest daughter plays both travel and rec because she can and wants to. I've explained this before. I really think most of you on here would drown in the rain cause you've got your nose so far up in the air.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
amy- what size did you get? I'm looking to get 32" for DD this spring. I'm not sure about which drop. maybe a -9 or less.

Chapelhillbilly- tough to say because bat preference is so personal. Oldest DD has a DiMarini .375 that has served her well. She loves it but they don't make it anymore. maybe see what's available in doublewall aluminum instaed of carbon fiber.

Interestingly enough, DD hits better with aluminum (.375) than Carbon Fiber (CF4). I've seen girls with questionable swings going to town with carbon fiber bats, but DD has tried both (same size) and hits noteably farther with her Aluminum bat.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2009
A good bat that isn't composite, and is cheap. You're not asking for much, are you? You're most likely looking at a used Anderson; techzilla, rocketech, nanotek, etc. Cheap and good are usually not synonymous. Like Amy said, you can certainly find some deals with some effort. Occasionally on ebay, craigslist, or even some local stores.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings and honestly didn't mean anything by it. I am certainly not trying to tell you how much to spend or not spend on a bat for your daughter.

You asked for opinions and I gave you mine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee