Newbie pitcher video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I'm not trying to one up or a be a jerk; just backing up my perspective. I truly believe it is more natural to allow the palm to face home or even a little toward 1B than to force it to do otherwise--same with the hips. I think our bodies, when given a path, will naturally do what they do.

Jan 25, 2011
stand up and rest arms your by side just hanging, now rise your arms up as if you are ref. giving the field goal sign in football,which way are your palms facing, out,not torwards your head,they are relaxed and no tension in your arms. Now turn your palms towards your head. The muscles now have tension, so why would what to create tension in your shoulders and arms by having them facing towards the catcher, when plams at 3rd has no tension,relaxed. IMO of course

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
10/22's for my kids--you win!

My hands face my head. (My wife just asked what I'm doing then asked if I was looking at another gun site!)

Jan 25, 2011
KenB, I guess it comes down to what the pitcher feels and what makes more comfort in their mech. But is nice to for us to dissagree and not get mad at each other. As far as the OP, it gives them different perspectives and they can dismiss what what works and what doesn't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi