Need help/in game cut

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
What I see in this girl's swing is more of a muscled resistance to what we see here.

2wno74z.gif

Apr 1, 2014
Our student is not the argument.

Subscribing to what Stone is endorsing is NOT the teach. Is this what you are selling?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Our student is not the argument.

Subscribing to what Stone endorsing is NOT the teach. Is this what you are selling?

I wasn't here to argue. I was here to help the young lady.

While I do not adhere completely to what Stone promotes, having this girl move in that direction would move her in the right direction.

The girl currently resists this action ... hence the posting of the video ... to suggest that she reduce this heavy resistance.

Incidentally, in the clip of Cabrera (not 'Caberra') that you showed, you omit the earlier sequence in which he effectively "walked away from the hands" ... in that swing he "prepared to throw" during his 'move out'. Sure, it was an inside pitch ... but the basic early sequence was intact.

Jun 15, 2011
Thanks again for everyone's insight. We did some hitting last night and emphasized "walking away from her hands". I will post the video later this afternoon. Her swing did seem to generate more power and seemed smoother. Hopefully, she is making some progress.

Apr 13, 2015
Thanks again for everyone's insight. We did some hitting last night and emphasized "walking away from her hands". I will post the video later this afternoon. Her swing did seem to generate more power and seemed smoother. Hopefully, she is making some progress.

My 12 yo DD is going through the same process. Trying to get more separation from top and bottom half. Trying to understand the 'walking away from the hands'. When it's done correctly the increase in torque and power is amazing. We notice that from front toss and even off the tee. Perfecting it vs. live pitching is requiring a whole new mindset for my DD as far as timing and will always be a work in progress. Which is great. They need to always try and get better.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Vino, someone has been busy. That's a pretty big change in a short amount of time. Please describe how you introduced this concept to your DD.

Tempo is a bit of an issue. You want to start the sequence early enough, and slow enough, such that there is no 'rush' feel in the 'walking of away from the hands' portion of the swing.

Jun 15, 2011
Thanks five frame. She looked at the videos and screen shots that were posted and that helped tremendously. She is a very quick learner and very driven. She understands, as do I, that this is a process and she needs to develop muscle memory. Hopefully this will translate in games. I will have her work on the pace of the sequence. Thanks again.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
tumblr_o607xmZyMW1usf292o1_400.gif

Was your DD instructed/taught 'knob to the ball'?

"Fighting to keep the barrel up" would be part of My "knob to ball" connection/direction, Like this duck player asked by coach White to step out of the cage and work on "something".
oregon%20ducksgif-M.gif

The young lady in Red, Looks like she was reaching for an outside pitch, with direction, she would not have turned forward as much

I see a flat level swing.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321