NCAA bans fun in the dugouts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I don't know much about the college game but I know some of the pranks major league baseball players do to managers, coaches and other teammates are usually in good fun like the occasional shaving cream pie to the face while a player is doing an interview. On the high school level we've done some our own antics. Like, I had the idea of us doing rally caps with sock monkey puppet head caps and two of those colored plastic mega phones and making noise, cheering our hitter or base runners on if were down a run or two in like the 5th inning...usually to either the confusion of what we were doing by our coaches or toward the middle of the season would actually join us. Once we started doing a thing with fake mustaches just for fun in the dugout. We made sure nothing we did was disrespectful or was in bad taste. I don't know what happened at the college level. But if the NCAA is getting involved in this than something someone didn't like must have sent down. Which is not cool. But to borrow from and paraphrase Tom Sellack in Mr. Baseball..."Softball is a game...and games are meant to be fun".

Dec 20, 2012
Welcome to the no fun zone!

View attachment 10455

1985 Orange Bowl, THE BOZ! There were many before but Jim McMahon and Bosworth brought so much personality to the game. It then led to Sanders and Owens. As long as it is not affecting the play on the field let it go. Exactly what is considered a prop?? Is a NCAA sponsored Gatorade cup that has "Hi Mom" in black Sharpe written on the bottom considered a prop? What about the airplane landing at home after an HR? Or even the entire team coming out celebrate a HR. What about Udria's HR taken away after Cher stepped into fair territory? Is that the kind of integrity the NCAA wants upheld for the game??? I don't if a player has been warned, negating a HR for that offense is one step from insanity.

The NCAA may be the most worthless and corrupt organizations ever!!!

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
NCAA is more than a a little ridiculous!
These girls are playing for fun-not to be a professional softball player.
Let them have a good time while showing their abilities on the field.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
After all, the NCAA has to make sure that their athletes exhibit exemplary behavior at all times...

Inside Baylor's Apathy to Football Rapists

Unfortunately it's not just football rapists. A frat Pres on campus has been indicted for rape as well. It's a college campus issue, not just a football issue.

(I know you speak tongue in cheek of NCAA but I wanted to acknowledge the bigger issue of campus rape)

NCAA No Cheering At All

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
200w.gif
200w.gif

200w.gif

And a favorite example of professional behavior:

200w.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads