Riseball physics and the Media?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Made this many years ago. The ball starts low then the path is creating a hump. It’s on its way down as it’s passing the hitter and into the glove.

That is some old style swinging. Just trying to make contact. Never will be quicker then the slingshot.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
giphy.gif

Made this many years ago. The ball starts low then the path is creating a hump. It’s on its way down as it’s passing the hitter and into the glove.
That's an old school softball swing there. Probably some hitting coaches out there teaching this type of swing because they already forgot more about softball than we will ever know.

Dec 19, 2021
I know I am in Ihe minority but I like her voice as an announcer. She bring enthusiasm and she is good for the game, IMO. Yeah, the pitch calling and some of the exaggeration might bother the softball experts but for the casual viewers she keeps it exciting.
I'm in the minority with you RH. I enjoy the broadcasts for the reasons you mentioned even if I know that the pitch that just hit the top of the zone with topspin was a missed drop, not a rise.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I know I am in Ihe minority but I like her voice as an announcer. She bring enthusiasm and she is good for the game, IMO. Yeah, the pitch calling and some of the exaggeration might bother the softball experts but for the casual viewers she keeps it exciting.

I don't have a problem with her voice. I have a problem with the specific sequence of sounds her voice makes because almost everything she says will make a novice viewer dumber about the sport.

Nov 18, 2015
That's an old school softball swing there. Probably some hitting coaches out there teaching this type of swing because they already forgot more about softball than we will ever know.
I believe that's called "how to swing a 40oz solid metal bat".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles