Name on the jersey

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Should a new uniform have name and number or just the number?

• Name and number

• Number only

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 27, 2013
Indifferent to names and/or just numbers on the back.

We put the grad year on the front left upper chest of the jerseys as we found that in the hot summer months, the girls would tend to roll their sleeves up.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
When we purchased the jersey nickname or anything appropriate could go on the back. DD was still #78.

In school balk she asked for the smallest uniform still available. We still needed to buy her own pants. None of the school pants were small enough. ::)

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Numbers only for my team and grad year on the sleeves. Why make it easier for all of the predatory whackjobs out there to find one of your players if they fixate on them. For second year 14U and up we'll do names, numbers and grad year on the sleeves. Doesn't make much sense to try and hide them when everyone and their brother can just walk by and grab a profile sheet if they pretend to be a college coach.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Numbers only for my team and grad year on the sleeves. Why make it easier for all of the predatory whackjobs out there to find one of your players if they fixate on them. For second year 14U and up we'll do names, numbers and grad year on the sleeves. Doesn't make much sense to try and hide them when everyone and their brother can just walk by and grab a profile sheet if they pretend to be a college coach.
I don't want to derail the thread, but isn't it sad that we have to think this way. I completely understand where you are coming from, but it just shouldn't have to be that way...

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I disagree yocoach's reasoning but understand thier concerns. With my name they could track down my DD, with DD's name not so much. We were very protective of DD and she had a nickname on jersey, not for security concerns though.

She rejected putting Stone Hands on back of her jersey though I tried.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
In my experience teenage girls care more about how the pants fit (maybe boys too but I haven’t been around any teams with teenage boys in a long time..)
My DD says that the girls are constantly begging her for smaller size pants.