Name on the jersey

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Should a new uniform have name and number or just the number?

• Name and number

• Number only

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 19, 2018
In my experience teenage girls care more about how the pants fit (maybe boys too but I haven’t been around any teams with teenage boys in a long time..)
I am fairly confident that teen age boys care more about how the pants fit the teenage girls, than they do about having the girls name on the Jersey.

Jan 27, 2022
For our 8u team, each player had their 1st name on the back of their jersey above their number. It was nice for parents, grandparents, & friends to be able to identify kids they didn't know & then cheer for every kid by name.

The players liked it so much that they wanted it the same way when they got to 10u. So we did.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD's 10U-12U TB team had names. The following 5 years, with 3 different teams, it's been just a number.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
When they play in HS and college chances are they won’t get their name on the back of their jersey.
DD’s club teams had them on the back but many 16-18U do not.
Every coach I asked about it says “you play for the name on the front of the jersey not the name on the back” as a reason for not doing it.
Old school stupidity. IMO

Aug 6, 2013
DD plays for an org that pays for the jerseys/uniforms (including pants, socks, belts) and takes the jersey tops back at the end of the season (girls keep the rest for various reasons, lol). Therefore each jersey just has a number. The org also provides bats and A2000 gloves for the girls on the 18U team so frankly I'm pretty ok with no names or grad numbers on the jersey. Coach does his job talking to college coaches about girls and every 2022 is committed/signed to play in college so it definitely didn't hinder any recruiting.

Jul 27, 2020
My 12u DD has only had a number and I like it, more old school to me as I get older. She would def like her name on it as I would’ve when I was that age. We got the other org/merch which we can put her name/nickname. I usually get a org hat with her number stitched on it.

Now that I think names would help bc sometimes with the helmets/masks it’s hard for me to tell who is who. I’m old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 27, 2020
As the scorer - I want numbers on the front, back, and sleeves of the jerseys.

As a parent watching from the sidelines. Half the time I can’t tell who’s who on my DDs team with the helmets and masks. Seems like the girls all have the same build and I’m like who’s batting or who’s on base. Ha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619