MTS, HYP, RHC, Noontime, and others

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
RHC, thanks for the practical drill ideas. One question: within that context: what do you feel you gain using the Perfect Connextion (btw, haven't seen that touted in a while : >)

418MBigukcL._SX385_.jpg

I didn't know what I was in for working with 7yr old boys with very little experience. Just a few swings with the bar, and ds became connected and his swing was consistant. Before every swing was different mechanics from the last.

Dd tried it Monday...I don't know that it did a lot with her, and being a 13 yr old girl, she would never admit it, but I think she liked snap stop hitting front toss with it on.

I don't think it is something we will consistently use, but it did wonders getting ds quickly into pattern that we can improve on.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2010
I can understand the notion of the rear elbow starting the swing … but it is incorrect IMO.

The comment of “does the back elbow slotting cause this action, assuming they stay connected?” suggests to me a different belief of ‘connection’.

Connection is not a position or a frozen fixed orientation that is purposely rotated.

When you attempt to create a pivot point of the barrel, with the pivot point being between the hands, while the rear upper leg is driving, then you will become ‘connected’. It can be thought of as a connection from the rear hip, or rear upper leg, up through to the barrel. There are actions at both sides of these connections. If one simply nixes the objective of “turning the barrel”, then they have severed the connection … and the result is a ‘take’. That is how a 'take' is performed ... you simply cease with the objective of "turning the barrel", and the upper end of the connection is terminated.

The rear elbow lowers as a ‘result’ of the connection being made … as a result of the hand pivot point being activated.

You can certainly do the opposite … you can lower your rear elbow and then find the barrel … but that isn’t how the best swings are performed IMO.
excellent post FFS.

Feb 14, 2010
Just look at Vlad's forearms and hand applying torque. The defintion of turning of turning the barrel right there for ALL to see if they choose to open their minds. IRREFUTABLE

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors