Megan 1-Tee

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Looks like you've deleted a few frames.

What you are referring to as the "elvis move" takes place after "the move". If you magnify the original GIF and look closely at the rear foot, then you'll see evidence of "the move" in process during the stride.

IMO Megan looks to be short circuiting "the move" ... almost as if she were jumping to an "elvis" type move prematurely.

May 13, 2008
Looks like you've deleted a few frames.

What you are referring to as the "elvis move" takes place after "the move". If you magnify the original GIF and look closely at the rear foot, then you'll see evidence of "the move" in process during the stride.

IMO Megan looks to be short circuiting "the move" ... almost as if she were jumping to an "elvis" type move prematurely.

I deleted a lot of frames. I used just two frames to illustrate the exchanging of heels. Front heel drops and the back heel lifts. Not to be confused with "the move". ;)

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
She has adjustments on the top of her body as well as the bottom.

I start at the bottom and stay there untill she does it most of the time and then work on the top.

Have her do this move in her swing

Pulling_the_Bow_back.gif

Hips forward / hands back

Or go out to toe touch as the hands go back. Just like throwing a ball

When she starts to do this I will be happy to try and help you adjust the top.

Straightleg

May 21, 2010
Davenport, IA
Very good visual representation of Coil, Stretch. Thank you! Hope to start putting all this wonderful info to use in the very near future. And yes, some days she has quite the style :)

SNC00035.jpg

Last edited:
R

RayR

Here a drill that has been working for us to get the girls to feel the back foot releasing....it has been doing wonders getting the girls to stop grinding the back foot....

EGBotHandRamp1-24-11-2.gif

And here she is on flat ground...

EGBotHandFlat1-24-11.gif

You can do this drill with or without a hat....but I vote for the hat!

May 21, 2010
Davenport, IA
I agree with ffs
Work on the sequence. I would work on throwing first. Load, step out and separate. After throwing back foot toes should point to china.
The girls remember that easily. Work on her lower half weight shift.

Straightleg

For what it's worth, was at pitcher/catcher practice and had the opportunity to measure how fast she can throw from catcher to 2nd base (was hoping for a video but did not get the chance). Her best throw was 46 mph. Given her 5'-2", 105# frame I did not think that was to bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1