Check Abby's Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
FFS--we go to Cannon Beach during spring break. Maybe stop my for some batting instructions on our way?!

Absolutely. Just send me a video clip of your daughter's current swing prior to visiting and I'll map out a hitting session customized to your daughter's needs. It will be fun ... and you'll be involved as well.

Feb 17, 2011
IM1 ... this is not "the move".

There is no appreciable coil.

The unload is initiated with external rotation of the front leg. The rear leg basically spins.

iy1w9g.gif

on slick concrete with tennis shoes on the "move " would be obvious with back foot twisting backward as the front foot is twisting forward.
I have really worked with my dd on the "move" and after a few times out to the batting cages it is really starting to have a very positive effect. A little attention to the pelvic tilt and getting her to bend at the hips and not the waist has done wonders also. She has remarked how easy it is to rotate her hips into the pitch now with the rear leg driving the move and not having to be dragging it through it as when she was initiating with a top generated weight shift onto the front leg as she had been taught before.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
One more thing I noticed that I see a lot. her shoulders remain fairly level and from the time she slots her elbow her swing is pretty flat. she drops her arms to the height of the ball and then swings relatively level.

I don't understand all the terms that people use around here, but I think this is a symptom of lack of tilting the torso at the waist to meet the ball at contact which would result in a higher finish. I realize she is topping the ball here so maybe this isn't the best clip, but with a little posture adjustment she would be hitting the ball squarely no matter whether it's high, low, inside, outside, etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00