DD getting ready for the new year

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

Exactly why I have said that scap action need not be a focus....understand the rear leg and how to turn the barrel....KISS

Good stuff....

PujolsStretch.gif

I see a coiled rear hip and an opening pelvis. Do you see an uncoiling rear hip and opening pelvis?

I see the rear hip coming from the inside. Uncoiling the rear hip would send it back on the path it came from and would lose the tightness that the coil created. I do not see that in this swing.

IMO, the coiling and coiling some more rear hip helps with pinching the scap. IMO, if you were to uncoil the rear hip. You would lose the connection and then fight to get it back but by then you are beat.

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
To look at the Pujols black shirt clip, and make the above statement, is proof that you've never attempted to duplicate what Pujols is doing.

That CAN NOT be duplicated without action in the scap.

IMPOSSIBLE.

Agreed. There is action in the scap.

But, I am not sold that it is just a clamping down of the scap. IMO, for now, it is multiple things happening that "gets" the scap pinched. The rear elbow working back and around, along with the coiling forward rear hip that pinches the scap. That is why I say the scap gets pinched. Not pinch the scap.

But like I said above. I agree that there is action in the scap.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
You will never know what hitters are doing until you attempt to duplicate what you see.

And you will be amazed at how different the truth is from what you 'see'.

The first to post a clip of themselves doing what Pujols is doing gets a milk shake.

The over/under..............on how many will even attempt it.......is 0.

It is so much easier to just act like you know.

But your words PROVE....to those who have duplicated it.....that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Pretty strong words from a newbie:D

SL

R

RayR

hey raphael, you figured out a way back in! Good for you.....show us a clip of you swinging like Pujols!

To look at the Pujols black shirt clip, and make the above statement, is proof that you've never attempted to duplicate what Pujols is doing.

That CAN NOT be duplicated without action in the scap.

IMPOSSIBLE.

R

RayR

Of course there is action in the scap.....all I said was if you learned to use the back leg as we are talking about and turn the barrel the scap action takes care of itself.....do you think Al Pujols had even heard of a scap when he was building his swing?

Agreed. There is action in the scap.

But, I am not sold that it is just a clamping down of the scap. IMO, for now, it is multiple things happening that "gets" the scap pinched. The rear elbow working back and around, along with the coiling forward rear hip that pinches the scap. That is why I say the scap gets pinched. Not pinch the scap.

But like I said above. I agree that there is action in the scap.

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
The definition of a swing that is a push.....is.....

The scap leaving the spine.

Duh.

Every barrel thrower pushes their barrel.

Sounds like you are recommending clamp down and turn really hard. Like a system I am not fond of.

Are you saying you can't throw the barrel with the scap being pinched? The scap must be pinched to throw the barrel with force. Once the barrel is thrown who cares? It is gone.

It is the only way for the hands to leverage the body. If it is not tight up the backside you will have slack, no leverage. The back side needs to be firm and that firmness is a coiled rear hip along with a pinched scap. Now your hands have leverage to work. Now the barrel can be thrown with force.

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
How can the leg drive the barrel when the scap isn't tight to the spine?

IT CAN NOT.

If it is not tight you have a leak....your leg will move your scap and never reach the barrel.

Do you want the leg to drive the barrel as soon as it starts working? Or do you want the leg to work and then the scap becomes tight? Creating separation

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
You wanna know why your 'throw' teaching is nonsense?

Because you can't have proper scap action AND throw the barrel.

The throwing action REQUIRES the scap to leave the spine.

It MUST stay fused to, in fact, constantly and continuously pinch/clamp the spine until AFTER launch.

Your launch REQUIRES it to move away from the spine.
Yes and no but if it does it leaves the spine after the throw and the barrel is gone so who cares. If the scap stays pinched the whole time you will be swinging around your body. No extension.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad