Does her wrist break?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
PC,
I don't want to pile on you but, like FFS and others are saying STDB. Nice your DD is a team player and doing whats best for the team (so the coach thinks) but really. Do whats best for your DD. The best way to "knock" a pitcher out of a game is to hit her and hit her alot. Teach your DD to hit,work on hitting the ball. Your DD needs to progress if she is to have a long future in softball. Good luck in what ever you decide and I do wish your DD much success.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
PC,
Is that your DD #57 is post #9? If so when she takes her dry cut after the pitch she has a nice swing. Let her use that in the game. That will surely knock the pitcher out of the game.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
PC,
Is that your DD #57 is post #9? If so when she takes her dry cut after the pitch she has a nice swing. Let her use that in the game. That will surely knock the pitcher out of the game.

Yes #57..... She's placed well on this team... shes a gamer. We have 2 loses in friendlies. First one she was left on 3rd. 3 times. We got to get more bats cracking...she can't do everything. What I'm wanting her to do, is something I think the 5 others can learn fast.They started cranking on her to be the big hitter, and ended up with too many K's for me. We just started working on swing month or so ago, when you had the palm aahhaa, and I got her -10 bat. I tell her she gets 2 strikes to swing away, but if no hit, she has to protect with the chop.... I can't handle the K's...she has never had many of them for several years. She sees ball well.

rbass... I'm with you on your journey... and realize it takes some time to get the great swing. This is last tourney this fall, then we can get busy working on big league swing, as soon as you get it all figured out... jk the more you learn, the more I do.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Like I said I'm not here to "beat" you up. I honestly want the best for your DD and other posters DD's. Like when we post video of our DD's and someone points out something that we as the dad missed. I along with other posters were just tying to "point" something out to you that you may have "missed". K's will happen,happen to the best. If you work hard at hitting like you worked hard on every thing else your DD will do great. We are all on the same journey together of just getting our DD better each day. I wish your DD a great game this weekend.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Just my 2 cents. Don't try to reinvent the wheel. There is a pretty straight road to becoming a great hitter, don't steer too far off of it, be patient, don't ad any pressure or dad rules to the game. Work hard with her practicing and let the games be a celebration of her hard work.

Some of the team will jump on the wagon, some won't.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I tell her she gets 2 strikes to swing away, but if no hit, she has to protect with the chop.... I can't handle the K's...she has never had many of them for several years.

Two seasons ago, my daughter had the fewest strikeouts on her team, only 5 in well over 100 at-bats. But she didn't hit the ball hard and almost never got an extra-base hit. She probably was the 7th/8th most effective batter on the team when you considered OBP, slugging, etc.

In the off-season, I sought to change her mechanics. With enough bribing, she consented to allow me to have my fun. I felt the lack of power had no future. A year later, she's got a much more powerful swing (and it's still an absolute work in progress). This past season, she struck out 20+ times. She went from #1 on the team in not striking out to about #8-9. But because of the increased power and better technique, she finished 4th on the team in batting average. A much higher percentage of the balls that she put in play were now getting through the infield and a few into the gaps. She's no star, but she is slowly passing other players as a hitter - despite the dramatic increase in K's.

I'm not saying that all those strikeouts are fine. In softball, the best hitters get a lot of hits without striking out a lot. But I don't want her afraid to strike out. The goal, IMO, should be to get more hits, not to have fewer strikeouts. I have faith that one will take care of the other.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad