Jumping the shark

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
My wife thinks I am going overboard.....again.

Couple years ago, we did the clay pitching circle area in the back yard. Then came a big net as a back stop. Then we added lights.

Now I have gone ahead and ordered the batting cage net to go over the entire thing. I figured if we already use the area to pitch, why not close it in and have dual purpose practice facility.

So I ordered a 12x12x60 net. I think that is plenty big enough.

Thank god the neighbors are cool.

Next year I am thinking roof, for rainy days.

Oct 19, 2009
We have a circle and backstop in our yard too, complete w/ brick dust. No cage but we have enough yard the girls can hit without breaking any windows. Lose a few in the creek once in a while. You are not alone....

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
When you put in the pole barn then you will find out your wife has had enough. Mine put her foot down when I put in an indoor area in my basement. Told me no way on the pole barn!

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Batting Area.jpgBatting Cage 006.jpg

Batting cage outside the polebarn, and inside the polebarn.
I built my wife a room addition with her own bathroom and big walk in closet.:D

SL

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I love you guys.

All I want is a custom bat, a Finch Windmill, and a pitching tunnel.

My husband thinks that he needs to replace the SUV, just because it has 260,000 miles on it. I say "First things first."

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Rub it in buddy. You impressed my wife when she noticed how good you are as a builder. Sorry I'm not that good with a saw/hammer!
I just want your boat . It would look good behind my new RV.

Jan 22, 2011
I seriously considered buying a house across the street from our main fields with our league's batting cage.

Jul 17, 2012
Kenmore, WA
I just sent my wife a link to a real estate listing for a ho hum house. The upside, a shop building big enough for at least two cages! I'm an architect and I would put up with the house to get the private indoor facility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd