Jordy Bahl transfers!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2015
What is your answer is 'they' meaning just Oklahoma. Or are you saying they is Oklahoma with the NIL?

imo YES, ITS MONEY DRIVEN=MONEYBALL by NIL

Moneyball isn't spending anything and buying the best (New York Yankees, Miami Heat, etc.) ... it is the opposite. It is what the Oakland A's (arguably the smallest $$ franchise in MLB) did awhile back.

Moneyball is milking the money to buy the best values. Players that are undervalued and overproduce, so you can get them cheaply. It is heavily statistic driven, not money driven. (Well, money is the limiter, not the fuel.)

It's finding a player who produces Bahl-like numbers, but on a smaller scale so they aren't as noticed.

May 13, 2023
Moneyball isn't spending anything and buying the best (New York Yankees, Miami Heat, etc.) ... it is the opposite.

Moneyball is milking the money to buy the best values. Players that are undervalued and overproduce, so you can get them cheaply. It is heavily statistic driven, not money driven.

It's finding a player who produces Bahl-like numbers, but on a smaller scale so they aren't as noticed.
Yes I understand how the movie was milking the money. But in the bigger picture money is what is influencing situations hence the word Moneyball.

My post #37.
Money making an imbalance.

If in fact I is the word incorrectly so be it

Here let me write it like this
Money-Ball

Lol

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Yes I understand how the movie was milking the money. But in the bigger picture money is what is influencing situations hence the word Moneyball
and...........she back pedals.

Is it not within your capability to say I was wrong? I get it..you were a great catcher, had a WCWS record when softball was "real softball", etc..doesn't mean you cannot be wrong once in a while.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
If you think the softball portal is nuts, take a look at the baseball one. There are already over 1,500 players in the portal with some teams having as many as 25 players in the portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi