Jordy Bahl transfers!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The vast majority of students go to school within a 4-5 hour drive from home. So many of these girls are long plane flights from home, so it's not unusual for them to want to be closer to home. If that's the reason, I fully understand.

Apr 1, 2017
Meh..I am skeptical..lol. A couple dozen 1-0 extra innings losses and she will be wishing she hadn't left :ROFLMAO:
I would be less skeptical if she said she left because she wanted to hit more.. ;)
Both can be true. She 100% might want to move back closer to home (many college kids do). However, that doesn't mean she has to do it for free either....

Apr 8, 2019
I realize we are all speculating here, but this could be a good move for her for many reasons. First, she has done just about everything you can do on the field (all-American, two national championships, MVP of World Series etc) so she is really just looking at two more years of the same if she stays at OU. The pressure to win is outrageous there, and anything other than perfection would be considered a disappointment. Two more years of that level of stress doesn't seem that appealing.

Whereas, if she leaves OU that stress is gone. If she does want to hit etc, I doubt her new coach would have a problem with it. Hell, most schools would probably let her catch if she wanted. She also gets to be closer to friends and family. Her next two years are going to be a blast. From my utterly uninformed point of view, this will be a great move for her.

Nov 18, 2015
I’m also inclined to take this one at face value. How often do you see statements like that coming from a HC?

Also, in her post-game, on-field interview, she mentioned about coming from a state that softball has overlooked, which fits well with the retuning home narrative.

And I’ll acknowledge my suburban bias, and realize getting married young is much more common in the Midwest than the mid-Atlantic area - but I really, really hope this wasn’t just to be closer to her boyfriend. (Ok - final caveat - if BF’s grandfather goes by the name Warren B. - I’m willing to overlook it). :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Happens more than you think. DD after posting a great year in the circle at Coastal Carolina entered the portal. She too wanted to be closer to home. It wasn't an easy decision as she was treated so amazingly well by Coastal in every way and she loved her teammates. The morning she entered the portal she had an incredible number of emails. She will be making a decision soon for her home for the next two years,
Welcome back! Hope she finds the best fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877