Viewership for Women's basketball Iowa vs S. Carolina. Wow !!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Not exactly softball related but I certainly think it is worth a discussion. Congratulations to the Women in the March Madness basketball tournament. Link below.

Being a father of a teenage daughter I think the amount of people watching women's sports is incredible. I have a hard time watching a baseball game (even if my son is playing in the game) but I really enjoy watching softball.

Not sure if the women's basketball tournament will continue to get these type of viewership numbers or if this just happens to be an absolutely incredible class of women playing NCAA basketball at the moment. Caitlyn Clark has an incredible following. Honestly can't remember any NCAA athlete having this kind of following ever in my life. It is not just Caitlyn Clark, Paige Bueckers is great, Angel Reese is great, as well as Juju, Cardoso and others.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I don't know what kind of numbers they had last year putting a college softball game on ABC, but I was wondering if they would bump a Texas/Oklahoma to ABC this year. They didn't; I also suspect being on one of the big three networks isn't as big a deal anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619