DIII Selection Monday

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Excited to see how this shakes out! The twins made it through Conference and are off to Regionals again this year. They still have classes, exams, papers and presentations due this week along with a whole bunch of other decision deadlines (reminds me of having Travel Team tryouts while still playing out the season with your old team...but at a much higher level). They will miss some of the early Commencement activities and celebrations but they wouldn't miss a chance to keep playing! Keeps us parents on our toes with travel plans, moving them out of the dorms and all that stuff. To be able to watch my DD's play the game they have loved and worked at together for so long is absolutely priceless!

Good luck to everyone who's DD's teams get to move on and keep dancing in the NCAA!!

May 27, 2013
Good luck! We made conference playoffs for the 1st time (their main goal this season) since dd has been on the team. Unfortunately, the injury bug hit us late in the season for a few starters (dd included) so we went into playoffs without them in the lineup. Our record might not reflect it but they had a good season, beating a few top teams and hanging with others along the way. Hoping we get a few good recruits in for next season. Our pitching and defense greatly improved over last year, now we just need the offense to get on the same page. Our season is over.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My daughter's team won their conference regular season and went in as the top seed. They won their first game in a run-rule on Thursday, and they were beating the two seed 2-0 in the bottom of the sixth with two outs and nobody on. An injury on Thursday forced defensive changes and put some girls out of position. Well, it came back to bite them in the butt when the next batter hit a grounder between 1st and 2nd that the first baseman went for and ranged too far from the bag. The second baseman dove for the base, but the umpire called the girl safe. A triple, error, and triple later, and the game was a 3-2 loss.

Now they go to the loser's bracket to play to play the team they run-ruled on Thursday and haven't lost to in six years. The score is tied at 2-2 in the sixth inning when my daughter hits a double to put runners on 2nd and 3rd with two outs. The opposing team decides to intentionally walk the next batter to load the bases when my moron inexplicably takes off for third base and is tagged for out number three. The bottom of the sixth saw three errors and five runs for the opposing team, which led to a 7-2 loss and the end of their season. Thankfully, I was not there or I might have lost my mind. At least my daughter is home for the summer.

Good luck to everyone today.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Here we go!! Off to St. Louis (only a 12 hr drive) and then a 5 hr jaunt back to their school for Graduation ceremonies! Man, this has been one heck of a ride so far!!

Good luck and have fun out there!!
Who do they play in St. Louis? My guess would be Washington University. I have a friend who has a daughter playing there.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Here we go!! Off to St. Louis (only a 12 hr drive) and then a 5 hr jaunt back to their school for Graduation ceremonies! Man, this has been one heck of a ride so far!!

Good luck and have fun out there!!
Good luck against Belhaven! Most likely getting 6th year pitcher Kennedy Carruth in the circle. They have some strong hitters as well. Have fun and enjoy every pitch your kiddo tosses. When it's over, it come at you quickly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kograd