Help with this issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
She pushes her hand away from her body as she coils/loads and get early armbar. She will lose the ability to adjust. But Ken Griffey Jr. Did something like that so, who knows.
I tried that move with my DD trying to find more power. Think figure skater pulling her arms in to rotate faster. It didn't work for her.
I think Perry Husband promotes this kind of swing because it create higher exit velo.

Jun 8, 2016
She pushes her hand away from her body as she coils/loads and get early armbar. She will lose the ability to adjust. But Ken Griffey Jr. Did something like that so, who knows.
I tried that move with my DD trying to find more power. Think figure skater pulling her arms in to rotate faster. It didn't work for her.
I think Perry Husband promotes this kind of swing because it create higher exit velo.
Griffey walked away from his hands moreso than push them..

F5W65DH.gif

Hands don't move in space.

Jun 8, 2016
Sierra moves them in space a bit here:

but notice the sequencing of it..she carries them with her in her negative move and then as she moves
out they don't move in space.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Is there a reason she has the excessive arch of the back head?

Watch it again, she is upright. She starts upright and then tilts toward the plate and holds that position. What do they call that a yaw, the yaw is messed up a little.

I would also say it’s better then coming up. She is working on it, which isn’t going to perfect from the start. Needs to tilt at the hip.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Watch it again, she is upright. She starts upright and then tilts toward the plate and holds that position. What do they call that a yaw, the yaw is messed up a little.

I would also say it’s better then coming up. She is working on it, which isn’t going to perfect from the start.
Right, I wasn't criticizing, just curious if there was a specific reason why she did it. Like instruction or something.

That being said, the coming up out of posture has more to do with not using the ground and legs to stabilize. IMO Only Actually worked on that very thing yesterday with DD

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Right, I wasn't criticizing, just curious if there was a specific reason why she did it. Like instruction or something.

That being said, the coming up out of posture has more to do with using the ground and legs to stabilize. IMO Only

I didn’t think you were criticizing.

Yes, the coming out of the posture has deep roots. Best thing for it, a mirror or reflection in a sliding glass door. (Outside).

She needs a better yaw. lol 🥎🥎🥎 Strike three

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13