Help with this issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
She pushes her hand away from her body as she coils/loads and get early armbar. She will lose the ability to adjust. But Ken Griffey Jr. Did something like that so, who knows.
I tried that move with my DD trying to find more power. Think figure skater pulling her arms in to rotate faster. It didn't work for her.
I think Perry Husband promotes this kind of swing because it create higher exit velo.
She definitely does that and has always had the arm bar a bit. She is getting a nice scap load so were not focused on it that much. It's definitely not on purpose and we would like to get away from it.

Nov 26, 2020
She definitely does that and has always had the arm bar a bit. She is getting a nice scap load so were not focused on it that much. It's definitely not on purpose and we would like to get away from it.
and her arms are definitely swinging before the front foot is down. We could be better here for sure and it will help her stay in the ground.

Nov 26, 2020
We've been working very hard on solving the down after contact and are finally having some success and posture is getting better. Our next mission is to work the legs into the ground better. I found something I thought was relevant about swinging the hips vs working them inside. I'll post it.

Oct 2, 2017
We've been working very hard on solving the down after contact and are finally having some success and posture is getting better. Our next mission is to work the legs into the ground better. I found something I thought was relevant about swinging the hips vs working them inside. I'll post it.
Those are good goals, and very cool that she is making progress. Keep going!

Nov 26, 2020

I think this describes her action well. She swings the hips around the ball. We are likely going to stop talking about turning "the hips" and start talking about the knee. I'm hoping she will understand. H/T to Aces on Instagram. Even though she doesn't "turn the barrel", I've learned a lot following him.

Nov 26, 2020
I also really liked this definition of posture. It has us talk a lot more about getting there and staying there. She may be missing the hip hinge but turning on the axis will definitely help keeping the barrel in the zone. posture.jpg

Oct 2, 2017
I also really liked this definition of posture. It has us talk a lot more about getting there and staying there. She may be missing the hip hinge but turning on the axis will definitely help keeping the barrel in the zone. View attachment 25261
@Work=wins The intent of sinking into your legs, IMO and from my understanding is going to go a long way in and of itself in maintaining or stabilizing posture. There are I'm sure other things involved as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45