Help with this issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Hey she is swinging down like all the videos WW and TDS always say the pro’s do in the posing swings.

Yea, kind of ABAF vs FYB before whipping the barrel.

knzdEtX.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
We are working hard on posture and tilt now which is tricky. It has flopping her upper half around trying to find the right spot but we've always given up on it. We're going to keep working on it consistently.

Try to hold the posture a tick at the end of the swing.

Nov 26, 2020
I've got it. Kidding aside we need to basically do the opposite of everything that she does now. Weight needs to stay back, hips need to go down instead of up, posture needs to stay down instead of moving up, extension after contact needs to be up rather than down, foot needs to stay back rather than forward. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Oct 2, 2017
The back foot dragging forward is because she is shifting the weight forward. When you swing down and weight all your weight gets on the front leg.
You can't be serious right now. You had me (Bold above) until you went off the rails LOL. Her swinging down as the CAUSE of the weight being shift all the way forward is clearly ridiculous. I can stand on any leg I like and swing down like that. She has clearly shifted all the way to the front before she initiated the swing. Therefore the bat has the path you see. What else can she do?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
You can't be serious right now. You had me (Bold above) until you went off the rails LOL. Her swinging down as the CAUSE of the weight being shift all the way forward is clearly ridiculous. I can stand on any leg I like and swing down like that. She has clearly shifted all the way to the front before she initiated the swing. Therefore the bat has the path you see. What else can she do?

Everyone is seeing the same thing. We all can agree she has a big weight shift. The swing is starting as she shifts weight or pushing forward.

We just have different views.

Edit: Not sure why it says TDS said.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

Start of the swing, her weight shift AND swinging down gets all her weight on her front leg/foot.

You don’t swing down out front. Making all those vids of hitters posing ridiculous.

8B43715A-D659-4E50-9FBA-248266FADEDF.gif

Dec 12, 2020
As promised off the tee tonight
There are a lot of moving parts. I feel like she needs to quiet down.

She postures down, but immediately buoys up to push her hands back then loads over the rear foot.

I like the earlier recommendation of a dry loads. Maybe get into that position in pic 2 (that she is immediately bouncing out of), load around and against the rear leg(or in rear hip etc) keeping the foot perpendicular to the plate, knee inside it, as she coils forward while keeping the hands quiet above the rear foot. It sounds like a lot but is like one move. She can work more stretch and less momentum. A little less abaf maybe?

I speak from my current struggle with my dd lol...

Again, I'm just a dad here, I seem to learn better discussing though.
ca553fcaa508214eb96e7e0d0e7bd044.jpg
d4a33773b078dc3dca8aa14061972a77.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softball_1