Help with this issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Ok, so now that you agree, of what is causing the issues you see, Coming out of posture and dragging the rear foot. I hope you now understand why you are being told "No" that squishing the bug will not solve the issue you are trying to fix.

Here is a suggestion that I think could start helping her feel the proper usage of the body. Is to take the bat out of her hands and do dry movements. Add in front toss (Still no bat) if you like, just to get her to gain the proper feeling.

For example like this. Granted DD is doing no stride, but can still be applied.

Yes, IOW's get fyb before whipping the barrel.. Notice she hasn't lost the rear leg/hip relationship as she gets forward.

0trijCT.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
TDS...you see this as rear legged? Will you explain why. Just a curious/honest question as definitions here I'm always trying to concensusly define. My current understanding would be the opposite of rear leg.. Can the core stretch back if the rear leg is not maintained? Can you fall forward into the legs and have any leverage if your tiniest bit off time?

Currently rear legged snf is something that makes sense to me, but with the ground held with the rear foot as the middle moves against it.

As I type this, falling forward instead of the thought of stretching forward with core pull back may make sense. The idea of a fall forward just seems so loose and uncontrolled to me.

BM, here is the movement to watch. The rear leg will slip the hip in all swings but not as the primary source of power.. This movement combined with the forward momentum allows her to hit one pitch speed.

3CTSNZB.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
In this clip to much movement in the frontal plane (catcher/pitcher). She needs to fall forward into her legs against the core stretching back. This will provide leverage for her core to fire.. Her current power source is move forward to then snf (rear legged).

HfWQQlW.gif

Hey she is swinging down like all the videos WW and TDS always say the pro’s do in the posing swings.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Ok, what do you think is causing the dragging forward in the first place. Is it her foot or something else?

If you did ask her to squish the bug, what other possible issues, could that introduce?

The back foot dragging forward is because she is shifting the weight forward. When you swing down and weight shift all your weight gets on the front leg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802