Just met my neighbor...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
And found out she used to play softball for OU back in the early 2000's! She plays golf and now I am going to connect my DD with her so she can play in a weekday ladies league.

It all started when I found a note in my mailbox asking to discuss plans for our shared dilapidated fence, which is the last thing I want to spend money on right now. We set up a meeting last night. I began by asking can we wait until a hurricane knocks it down so we can claim on insurance? LOL! I told her I am still catching up on expenses after DD1 graduated college and chasing her all over the country for softball. Her eyes lit up and informed me that she used to play at OU. The conversation then flowed from there. I found someone I can talk about softball with? I probably had that wild eyed look on my face as I began to spew softball nonsense. I guess I'm splitting the cost of a fence.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Nice! I wish I could run into the same scenario here, I've got a long stretch of old barb wire/horse fencing that now needs replacing with some wood panel fence (neighborhood has changed on that side of the property). A few years back when the twins were out there practicing everyday we did inspire a couple kids to take up the game...one actually became a decent pitcher thru High School. No OU studs though!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Softball...still costing you money.
That was my excuse to not spend any money right now. As I think about it...Softball is still costing me money. That stupid ESPN+ app! And we've taken a couple road trips up to DD's former school to watch softball. One day it will all seem like a dream.

While I'm at it. I had a huge expense attending the Master's recently. That merchandise purchase hurt real bad and a $300 round at Pine Needles in NC. I might have to file for bankruptcy.

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
And found out she used to play softball for OU back in the early 2000's! She plays golf and now I am going to connect my DD with her so she can play in a weekday ladies league.

It all started when I found a note in my mailbox asking to discuss plans for our shared dilapidated fence, which is the last thing I want to spend money on right now. We set up a meeting last night. I began by asking can we wait until a hurricane knocks it down so we can claim on insurance? LOL! I told her I am still catching up on expenses after DD1 graduated college and chasing her all over the country for softball. Her eyes lit up and informed me that she used to play at OU. The conversation then flowed from there. I found someone I can talk about softball with? I probably had that wild eyed look on my face as I began to spew softball nonsense. I guess I'm splitting the cost of a fence.
My DD and son-in-law are building a house about one block away from us. It is on a cul de sac. Her soon-to-be neighbor came over and I gave him a tour of the structure. He said that he wanted to check the cul de sac for nails since he was bringing his RV out. They are headed to Texas for a few weeks. Anyway, he said that he could afford that RV now that his dd had graduated college, is married, and on her own. We both laughed. Then, he said that the only thing they used to spend money on was .......... SOFTBALL. His daughter played at St. Louis University back in the day. He said he missed it so much. I told him he was really going to get along with my dd. LOL

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30