Help with this issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
Ok Boneless, Here is the third view.

View attachment 24181

I think to many people on this site are making assumptions based on 2D and only one view. I have around 100 swings with 3-4 views.

The swing is down in back and up. The swing and posture match and the swing is in the plane of the lead arm (which works up).

Shawn,

I think the barrel goes rearward because the handle goes down and to. Since it is a lever. Theres no need for hand manipulations if you do this. The faster you go the better it works.

But yes it is handle down at first, and then hip extension pulls it back up.

Feb 25, 2020
Triple post.

I'll add that her tee swing looks great. Her front toss she is not great. I'd go with some "nose in front of belly button" type cue's. I think she gets way to far back.

And armwhip is correct. Find a "task" or cue that gets her to do more than one thing right at a time. Hand path cues seem to work really great. They cause total body changes especially in good athletes(like her). If you gave her the task of hitting head high line drives I think she would look a little better on front toss.

nose in front of belly button and hit head high line drives. my opinion.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Here you go Shawn.

About as clear as it gets.(some of the bonds swings are really good too).

Shawn,
I think the barrel goes rearward because the handle goes down and to. Since it is a lever. Theres no need for hand manipulations if you do this. The faster you go the better it works.

But yes it is handle down at first, and then hip extension pulls it back up.

I understand what your saying. Of course the hands go down and where ever the knob goes the barrel follows. The hands start high and therefor have to lower.

edit: And of course the barrel goes lower then the hands.

Oct 26, 2019
I’ll be honest - those swings look pretty good. They are absent the major flaws I see in a lot of young softball players. The second clip she is early, it she makes a good adjustment to stay back. I would let her keep playing and having fun and she will keep figuring it out.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
She needs to make some changes. Rather than just giving her mechanical cues to try and change her mechanics see if you can come up with a task/drill that will make her attack the ball differently. She will have to adapt her swing to fit the drill. For instance put the ball on a very low tee in the middle of the plate and ask her to hit line drives over the 'pitchers' head. You can demonstrate it for her, just imitate that Trout swing that Shawn posted above. She needs to get the bat on plane much earlier.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812