Help with hitting mechanics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 10, 2021
I am not an expert, but I am seeing a lot of weak ground balls in the cage and think it is the barrel path? Tee and front toss go pretty well. Her timing has gotten better in the machine, but she is inconsistent.

Looking for advice for one or two things to work on. Thanks!

Aug 20, 2017
I am not an expert, but I am seeing a lot of weak ground balls in the cage and think it is the barrel path? Tee and front toss go pretty well. Her timing has gotten better in the machine, but she is inconsistent.

Looking for advice for one or two things to work on. Thanks!

You are correct. Barrel path is an issue. It’s down and across. Mostly due to shoulders rotating horizontally. Results in a small hitting window. Can’t work oppo. Has to time it up perfectly.

The load is off as well. Needs to stretch the upper a bit more. Helps load the rear leg. I wouldn’t worry about that just yet.

Got to fix the barrel path first. Needs to work slightly up through the ball. The knob of the bat needs to be working up by the time the knob gets to the belly button. I’ll send some drills she needs to do.

May 10, 2021
You are correct. Barrel path is an issue. It’s down and across. Mostly due to shoulders rotating horizontally. Results in a small hitting window. Can’t work oppo. Has to time it up perfectly.

The load is off as well. Needs to stretch the upper a bit more. Helps load the rear leg. I wouldn’t worry about that just yet.

Got to fix the barrel path first. Needs to work slightly up through the ball. The knob of the bat needs to be working up by the time the knob gets to the belly button. I’ll send some drills she needs to do.
Thank you!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Cornbread is right, down and across, no good. Long tee work. She should be able to produce line drives over the 2nd baseman head with ease.

May 16, 2019
I like this posture here. I agree with the shoulders rotation but the hands have to also learn how to be involved in turning the barrel. She’s has a huge up side IMO. Great work!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors