Have ya ever seen a worse call?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
Ok, I will give you she was clearly safe, but really, a step and a half???? The runners foot was still on the base when the ball got to F3.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Yes, her lead foot was still on the bag while the other foot was landing clear past the bag. Why would you even bring that up? Unless your a die hard Tenn fan...then you will argue any point just to be heard.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
IMO... The worst call I ever seen was when TW pulled JT in the World Championships with Japan 2012. The only one that has beat Japan in years....shows the hitting coach don't know much about pitching...how to get them, and what to do with when he has 4 handed to him....

He should have started HR....again I know he can't, but he should have. The Ump thing is nothing...It wasn't the one run game that they always get into, they were beat. TLTL. The other call is at the 2hr & 23 min of the ESPN replay...

Lessons.... Your facing a Husband & Wife co-Coach's...providing great relief for the best player's parents in the country for sending off their DD, and not having to worry about some one getting in their face and going off yelling at them.

They have Sisters.... What a wonderful way of saying you got to have 2 aces fully developed in the same year. A must to be in WCWS.

they have 4 Pitchers...2 Aces...then one that can rally the hitters with HR's in the Big Alabama Games, and the other one is "The" Future locked in place, watching ALL of this.

Now back to the boards for us DPF'ers... Forget everything that you didn't see ER doing in that game. The name of the Game is Fastpitch...not hard hitters....(14 K's) no swimming, double pumping, bending way over, and the other contortions.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2008
Yes, her lead foot was still on the bag while the other foot was landing clear past the bag. Why would you even bring that up? Unless your a die hard Tenn fan...then you will argue any point just to be heard.

Not a fan of either team. I brought it up because of your description of being a step and a half past the base. Again, clearly safe but no where near a step and a half past the base.

1st.jpg

Cant get photo to capture any larger.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Not a fan of either team. I brought it up because of your description of being a step and a half past the base. Again, clearly safe but no where near a step and a half past the base.

View attachment 3418

Cant get photo to capture any larger.

Looks like she distracted the Ump, and caught his eye by not running thru the bag correctly... IMHO going to watch it again...

Dec 7, 2011
Watched it again and I would estimate the ball still 15ft from the first baseman when the runners foot hit the bag.

I am sure I am dwelling because this is finally the first game I could record this year but really, the audio of that moment could not be more clear for the ump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallsize1516