Have ya ever seen a worse call?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
Watchin the TN vs FL game right now.

I am blown away at the call at first against FL. That was by far the worst call i have ever seen.

I mean there is leeway ya give to umps on close calls but obviously that ump needs to find another profession.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I agree it was a blown call. But what I didn't like was the Florida batter sticking her knee out, into the pitch to get on base. Tacky.

Oct 2, 2012
on the Field
I agree it was a blown call. But what I didn't like was the Florida batter sticking her knee out, into the pitch to get on base. Tacky.

THIS!!!!!! I guess the "ball bounces" both ways. Ellen Renfroe was dominating that game on the mound. That was fun to watch being a TN Fan!

Dec 7, 2011

Falls under the category of what comes around goes around.

I agree - I hate all the trying to get hit and I hate the few calls that are that bad (leaving out the ones that only a video replay can really only determine)

Anyone here of "instant replay" coming to softball any time soon? I am thinking it would be cool to have it like football where a coach would get 1-2 "red challenge flags" per game.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
That call at 1B was horrible... a rec league ump could have made that call. I thought Tim W. was going to get himself thrown out of the game by the way we was going off.

Oct 2, 2012
on the Field
That call at 1B was horrible... a rec league ump could have made that call. I thought Tim W. was going to get himself thrown out of the game by the way we was going off.

I figured the ump probably knew he had it coming. Heck the runner was almost by the umpire when he made the call!

Jun 18, 2010
I was pulling for TN, but FL got two bad calls IMO by the FU. The first inning the TN runner (at first) should have been called out (cost FL a run), then the play you are talking about where the FL was clearly safe at first.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
First out in the bottom of the 8th.
Hard grounder to 3B line, backhand, and hard throw to a massively reached 1Bman. Runner beats the throw by a step and a half! Gets called out!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06