good progress, I think

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
For HS she is fine with only 1 foot on the pitchers plate, but all other abc orgs. she will get called.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I agree, she has made significant progress.
My one minor suggestion would be to try staying behind the front leg a bit more rather than coming up over it at release, as this will add more resistance... = more speed

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
I agree, she has made significant progress.
My one minor suggestion would be to try staying behind the front leg a bit more rather than coming up over it at release, as this will add more resistance... = more speed

thank you we are keeping an eye on that. right now im letting her feel it because this is a correction shes doing, its an exaggereation because normally she gets too much lean back at release. I wanna be carefull she doesnt start going to far the other way tho! thank u

Jan 25, 2011
Then why not during practice? As far as presenting the ball, not sure what you mean? No pause? Because you never have to let the batter see the ball.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
WOW! What a difference hard work makes. She looks really good! All pitchers will have continuous tweaks to make throughout their careers and she has definitely improved a ton in a short time. Congrats!

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
Then why not during practice? As far as presenting the ball, not sure what you mean? No pause? Because you never have to let the batter see the ball.

she practices with both feet. this video is from yesterday, she got both feet on "rubber", it just depends what shes working on. i dont tell her to do it, i dont tell her not to do it, she seems to go back and forth between doing it and not, i know she does it for a reason but i dont ask cuz i get a "duh, im working on something"

shes been called on an illegal pitch once or twice but it was because her glove was touching her hand with her foot on the rubber. they called it not presenting, i dint know she knows way more about illegal pitches then i do?

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Wow! Well done!

RW2.JPG

Looks like she ready to dial in her spots, spins and strategy!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloie