Gerri Ann Glasco

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 24, 2012
I dont see a push at all in the first swing you posted. She levels the bat but I dont see a push. I would love to see a side by side of her and ruth. For some reason when I see her swing it reminds me of Ruth.

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
I guess I'm on the opposite side of the video discussion. I've posted a few videos. (pitching and hitting) The first had good discussion. Since then, there is little discussion. This isn't "poor me". I see a lot of video's that go un-viewed.

I don't know if it's because these video's don't show a girl with D1 potential, or people are afraid of critiquing the girls.

When I post a vid, I WANT critiques. When I post one, SHE wants to know the feed back. We know she needs work (who doesn't?). Maybe some post vids just looking for a pat on the back, but I'm sure many are like me and see the knowledge that several members here have, and want their opinion. Good and bad.

I do thank those that are willing to share their knowledge on this site. It's certainly helped my DD.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Chris,

You and I have had several talks over the years and they have been good talks. My point is if people are going to critique other kids swings they should also be under the same microscope that's fair IMO. I don't care if people critique my DDS swing and I never have but some people do. It's easy to critique someone else when you/your DD don't have to face the firing squad and I think that's dishonest and disingenuous. Doesn't mean that I don't think a particular poster doesn't understand hitting but I want to see how the philosophy is implemented.

If people would share their journey more kids could learn but everyone is scared to face the firing squad. To ask someone else to do what you are afraid to do yourself is complete BS. I used to post on here a lot but there's not a lot of video shared anymore just people commenting on others and I don't think its right.

It's like a soldiers bond, blood spilled on the battlefield makes you understand where that person is coming from and where they want to get. Just my opinion

From where I sit, you personally benefited from what you now consider dishonest.

Feb 14, 2010
How did I benefit from I consider dishonest? Swingbuilder shared video with me. TM shared video with me. Tewks shared video with me. Stealth and Doubleduece shared video. Wellphyt shared video. Rayr/Buttermaker shared video. There was an open line of communication between people because they shared their journey You had video of yourself implementing your philosophy so I think your reaching right now.

There is no more open communication on here for the most part. It's people dropping by and commenting on others work and not providing any evidence of what they've done. You want to create a legit discussion put your work out there for everyone to see and let's open the dialogue.

Open dialogue and criticism are what takes hitting to where it needs to be. Like everything on here, this is my opinion and people can do with it what they want that's up to them. My stuff is on here in spades so I'm giving back from our journey. That's what this is about giving back. So I didnt gain from dishonesty.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I guess I'm on the opposite side of the video discussion. I've posted a few videos. (pitching and hitting) The first had good discussion. Since then, there is little discussion. This isn't "poor me". I see a lot of video's that go un-viewed.

I don't know if it's because these video's don't show a girl with D1 potential, or people are afraid of critiquing the girls.

When I post a vid, I WANT critiques. When I post one, SHE wants to know the feed back. We know she needs work (who doesn't?). Maybe some post vids just looking for a pat on the back, but I'm sure many are like me and see the knowledge that several members here have, and want their opinion. Good and bad.

I do thank those that are willing to share their knowledge on this site. It's certainly helped my DD.

Based on the recent atmosphere of this site, this is something that I think is a legitimate concern. Personally, I am not an expert. Just a dad trying to help his DD (and a few friends). More than anything, I participate here because I enjoy talking about hitting. If I notice something that I have experienced along my DDs journey, I attempt to share the things that have helped. Does she have a HL swing? Absolutely not. But she has improved substantially in the past 18 months. I have asked her if she would be willing to have some video posted, and she said "not yet". Maybe someday. But it is her decision, and I will honor it. Now that I know the new rules of the forum and that I am "dishonest" and "disingenuous", I will need to think more carefully before I hit "post".

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
FP26, you keep hitting that "post button." You have put a lot of quality stuff on here.

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
Based on the recent atmosphere of this site, this is something that I think is a legitimate concern. Personally, I am not an expert. Just a dad trying to help his DD (and a few friends). More than anything, I participate here because I enjoy talking about hitting. If I notice something that I have experienced along my DDs journey, I attempt to share the things that have helped. Does she have a HL swing? Absolutely not. But she has improved substantially in the past 18 months. I have asked her if she would be willing to have some video posted, and she said "not yet". Maybe someday. But it is her decision, and I will honor it. Now that I know the new rules of the forum and that I am "dishonest" and "disingenuous", I will need to think more carefully before I hit "post".

People like me aren't looking for absolutes. Personally, I really like feedback. I don't see feedback, necessarily, as that person being an "expert". It's up to me to process the information, try it myself, and decide to implement it. I do the same thing with the coaches I pay for my daughter's lessons. I can understand why people don't reply as much. I just hope we can change to atmosphere to where those replies are more appreciated and not picked apart.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

LOL ..... the "new rules" are someone's pipe dream.

Crankermo benefited in a large part because he personally took the descriptions he read for a test run. He was able to 'feel' what was being described and ask questions that verified that he was "getting it". He filtered out nonsense by swinging a bat and seeking verification. He effectively served as a filter for his kid. IMO he set a good example. What I hear recently is simply a bit of noise ... and that's my opinion on the topic.

Feb 14, 2010
FFS,

It's not about "new" rules it's about helping other kids. If more people would post videos it would open more dialogue and people would feel free to post more videos. When video is posted people learn. When I first joined this site there were pages and pages of videos now there's hardly any.

It's my opinion that people used share video on here to help themselves and others because they all shared the same common fear, CRITICISM but they knew they were in it together. Now there so many people that just drop in and criticize without providing video of their own teachings it creates an environment of fear where nobody can learn.

People are grateful for my video journal of Brookes journey and say they have learned immensely from it and other posters that critique it. When we started out Brookes swing was terrible, she's come a long way but that's because I wasn't afraid to put it out there and learn.

I will say I shouldn't have used the verbiage dishonest and disingenuous I apologize if I offended anyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32