Gerri Ann Glasco

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
glassco2_zpsb1fnnio8.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I was holding back on my comment but, almost seems a little 'bat draggy' on this swing.
Opps added: JMHO.

Apr 8, 2013
I've followed UGA closely for the past few seasons. Aggressive at the plate, doesn't get cheated but does not strike out a lot for someone with an aggressive mindset at the plate. She feasted on medicore and below pitching. In SEC play had a great start her freshman year and I thought she was the next great thing, but then she struggled a bit. I remember an 0-18 stretch her freshman year. I'm guessing teams got film on her and figured her out.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
No argument in her sucess, but I agree she has room for improvement in her upper half. Great coil and shift, but lacks hip rotation into the upper portion. Notice on this swing how long the barell remains flat through the zone. (Big time push)

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Daughter of a very good friend of mine and has had success at every level she has played. Currently hitting .448 for Oregon.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Daughter of a very good friend of mine and has had success at every level she has played. Currently hitting .448 for Oregon.

I once emailed her dad and told him that I liked some things that his daughter did at the plate and said my DD's style is similar and that some coaches freak about about the back foot gaining ground like that. I didn't expect him to respond, but he gave me his cell # and we had a great conversation.

I think it's fine to critique this swings in the name of learning here, and I'm sure she could improve, but you're right to remind us that this is a real person, and not only that, a very talented athlete. She's also a pretty good pitcher. Not many people in the world are capable of pitching and hitting at a major D-1 level like she can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd