UL-transfer carousel

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
https://justinsworldsb.com/2020/11/05/trio-of-ragin-cajun-players-enter-transfer-portal/
https://crescentcitysports.com/geor...n-added-to-2021-ragin-cajuns-softball-roster/

Cue the circus music!

So three kids entered the transfer portal leaving UL, and just announced Ciara Bryan is transferring in from UGA with rumors that Justice Milz will be coming too as a packaged deal (rumor). I heard that all incoming freshman will be red shirted at UL. Thinking out loud here. Follow me on this: Mia Cantu has put herself in the portal. She is from the Houston area, but played on the GA Firecrackers for a bit. Britton Rogers who is now at UGA and lived in the Houston area played for GA Firecrackers too where her mom Courtney Blades helped coach. What are the odds that Mia transfers to UGA? Something to think about.

3 Out of the the 4 freshman at UL from 2020 transferred out with Mega Stud Taylor Roman staying. Man that girl can crush a ball! Glasco is building a Power Mid Major team to go out and compete for the WCWS through P5 transfers. If I were to advise any HS kids that want to play at UL, I would say you will be chasing foul balls for a couple of years. Is that something you can handle? Geez, it's pretty easy to figure out when there are 30 players on the roster. Will be fun to see the noise this team makes in 2021.

Dec 11, 2010
He isn’t going to wait around for something to happen. I think it’s a great strategy for him as a coach. Sucks for some players for sure.

Glasco’s daughter Tara Archibald is in her first year as a hc at Eastern Illinois.

She will eventually end up at the highest level of softball. Eastern Illinois got lucky landing a coach of her quality.

Jun 8, 2016
When most rosters have 20+ players, arent some always going to be chasing foul balls?
My freshmen year in college I didn't play much and those who sat had to chase foul balls. Me being me, I wasn't a fan. The 1st game I was made to do this, I chased a foul ball and then promptly put it in my duffel bag. Coach asked me where the foul ball was, I told him I put it in my bag. When he looked at me funny and asked why, I told him so I could use it to take BP in the summer so I could actually play next year..not sure he liked that answer (and he made me give the ball back :cautious: ).

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
That press release should say, "Join us in welcoming Justice Milz to the University of Louisiana-Lafayette"
You better be careful. The UL Ragin Cajuns do NOT like to be called ULL. They only recognize UL. Lots of harsh words and butt hurtness over at robocoach site on this topic.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
You better be careful. The UL Ragin Cajuns do NOT like to be called ULL. They only recognize UL. Lots of harsh words and butt hurtness over at robocoach site on this topic.

Oh believe me I know all about how THEY only want to go by UL. But everyone else knows they are still ULL. I’ll have to check out that site just to see how many undies get twisted over time regarding this topic :ROFLMAO:

Jun 24, 2011
Robocoach has been taken over by political smack talk, not worth the time spent visiting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812