Gerri Ann Glasco

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
People like me aren't looking for absolutes. Personally, I really like feedback. I don't see feedback, necessarily, as that person being an "expert". It's up to me to process the information, try it myself, and decide to implement it. I do the same thing with the coaches I pay for my daughter's lessons. I can understand why people don't reply as much. I just hope we can change to atmosphere to where those replies are more appreciated and not picked apart.

This is an excellent point, and has been my process since I joined. To be completely honest, when I first joined, I didn't 'know' any of the posters here. They were just screen names and avatars. Therefore I didn't trust anyone at the beginning. The more I participated, the more I got a sense for those that really know their stuff, and those that are simply full of crap. I do appreciate those that are willing to share video and willing to discuss their journeys. Quite frankly, my DD would much rather watch video of Brooke or BB than of Miggy. In her mind, it is a more realistic goal. She hopes to play college ball someday, but realizes she will never play for the Detroit Tigers.

But to me, the video is not a requirement. I learn just as much from the videos of pros and the explanations that are provided. It is then up to me to steer the vehicle on this journey.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
I dont see a push at all in the first swing you posted. She levels the bat but I dont see a push. I would love to see a side by side of her and ruth. For some reason when I see her swing it reminds me of Ruth.

I agree, no push. Here ya go. Do I see foot drag from the babe?

glassco2_zpsb1fnnio8.gif

babe-ruth-o.gif

Last edited:

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Edit: This post has nothing to do with sticking up for anyone in any argument. I am just expressing my appreciation for the folks that do post their DD's.

Hey, I'll tell you what; when Crankermo posts his process, I paste it into my brain. Why? Because he has produced the pattern in a girl FP player, and has posted same. Hell ya, FFS, Howe, and all the pros are worth reading. That's how we get better, and that's how they get better. But as far as the "here and now" of getting my DD to hit the ball hard, I'm going with guys like Crankermo and TM, who put their asses on the line with original video.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
As I see it, part of the rub in the "show me your student" mandate is that sometimes people have a good grasp of the mechanics they are trying to teach, but their young DD hasn't yet been able to execute those mechanics in a way that accurately represents the instruction. Using that DD's developing swing as an example of the teacher's full understanding of proper swing mechanics would not be accurate. Unfortunately, there are people eager to discredit others who have spoiled the process and given people hesitation in exposing themselves in that way.

All that said, like crankermo has with Brooke, I'm a believer in documenting Maddie's journey. I enjoy being able to look back through her progress (and my own), and I hope someone can learn something from it to help their own DD, as I have learned from the journeys of others. I've weathered some ridicule and personal attacks because of my willingness to put Maddie's progress on display, but I've also learned some things that I might not have otherwise.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
No Crank, I don't want your swing. Your dd has a very good swing, I giffed one off your youtube page last year (redpants) and one the year before, sorry, won't gif one again. Knight posted one from this year. You (I think you)posted 2 tee swings from her freshman year.
Thanks.

I'll stop giving my opinion on people's swings posted here, actually already almost had completely stopped except for PMs.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
No Crank, I don't want your swing. Your dd has a very good swing, I giffed one off your youtube page last year (redpants) and one the year before, sorry, won't gif one again. Knight posted one from this year. You (I think you)posted 2 tee swings from her freshman year.
Thanks.

I'll stop giving my opinion on people's swings posted here, actually already almost had completely stopped except for PMs.

I hope you change you mind on this. Your input has been very helpful and reliable during our journey.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Thanks.

RHC, you are one of the top posters here; I think I remember you at the top of the hitting forum poll a while back? I know I voted for you. Don't quit us now.

Feb 14, 2010
RHC,

I don't want you or anyone else to stop posting post that's not my intent. I want people to feel free to post their work so they and others can learn from it. I'm actually glad people like you gif them because I don't have that capability and if it helps others learn I'm all for it. I just want more participation from others so it can help the masses.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Well I will work on getting better. You told me about a year ago to take your advice for "the dd's benefit" and stop getting into so many debates on hitting. That has resonated and actually why I have backed off lately, that and because it seems everytime I post, all hell blows up. So, keeping it to myself and staying positive. Though pm is open, (I will do better keeping it empty).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgeremesz