Gerri Ann Glasco

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
FFS,

It's not about "new" rules it's about helping other kids. If more people would post videos it would open more dialogue and people would feel free to post more videos. When video is posted people learn. When I first joined this site there were pages and pages of videos now there's hardly any.

It's my opinion that people used share video on here to help themselves and others because they all shared the same common fear, CRITICISM but they knew they were in it together. Now there so many people that just drop in and criticize without providing video of their own teachings it creates an environment of fear where nobody can learn.

People are grateful for my video journal of Brookes journey and say they have learned immensely from it and other posters that critique it. When we started out Brookes swing was terrible, she's come a long way but that's because I wasn't afraid to put it out there and learn.

I will say I shouldn't have used the verbiage dishonest and disingenuous I apologize if I offended anyone.

Thank you. You are a good person Crankermo. You set a great example in many ways. You didn't just put in the work, but you followed a plan that had your DD testing her abilities at a national level. You worked both 'hard' and 'smart' ... a potent combination.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
10426207_942700069094997_6274113387469176344_n.jpg

3 HR vs. Washington yesterday.

8 HR's in the game for the Ducks...http://www.snappytv.com/tc/531405/112713

Last edited:

NoClue

Everything is a guess!
Apr 2, 2015
From Marion IL
Thanks RDBass. As usual i had no clue how to post that correctly..but i think this is a far better swing than her swings earlier in year if some one is trying to learn from it. Better load, better timing and definitely "seeing" the ball better. All hitters have days where they simply don't have timing or struggle with pitch recognition. Pitch at start of thread was a change up that was not recognized early and the result was a very poor swing, but still a hit. A player is always better off to be be a great competitor at the plate than to simply have great mechanics in my opinion. If you can have both, you have the result is the best of the best hitters like Langenfeld and Cochran.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
A player is always better off to be be a great competitor at the plate than to simply have great mechanics in my opinion.

I agree. The single most important factor in hitting is the athletic skill of being able to get the bat on the ball.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I agree. The single most important factor in hitting is the athletic skill of being able to get the bat on the ball.

Well, Uh maybe. I am not much of a put the ball in play guy, but for young (13 or so) girls, this is what athletic, good hand eye will get you.

A ball UP in the zone can be hit well with a girl with little SKILL, but LOW pitches can be a problem. this is a learned skill.
mwdx5f.jpg

Her angle, her Tilt, that is taught, so being athletic is great, but it will only get you so far.

on a team of 17, I have a few true athletes, but even my most un athletic can hit.

As an edit... I will say the TRULEY GREATEST PLAYERS IN HISTORY< HAVE BOTH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anafeli