Fixing Fowler

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Interesting. I didn't get to see her much last year. What exactly did she do to cause all those problems (other than leap)? Was she hunching her shoulder, pulling her head down, or something else?

Oct 22, 2009
She said her new delivery begins with her windup going out toward home plate, rather than a vertical motion.

Not sure what that means.

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna, VA
It's funny I just happened to watch Game 2 of the championship series with the kids last night. I recorded it but never got around to watching it.

It looks like most of Arizona's starters are returning so they should have another great year.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
After release, she makes a muscle. It means she shows her elbow to the catcher, instead of relaxing her arm and letting it finish across her chest.

Jul 4, 2008
She said her new delivery begins with her windup going out toward home plate, rather than a vertical motion.

Not sure what that means.

She told the girls at the Camp in December that she no longer does the rocker motion where the hands separate and her pitching hand and ball swing behind her back for her windup. She now pushes both hand out in front with her hand and ball in the glove until they separate while pointing at the catcher. More of a Hillhouse type of windup I believe.

Sorry if I didn't explain that very well.

Gary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish