Emma Humplik

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2019
How can you tell it's a regulation field?

I think this young lady has a great looking swing. I'm sure she hits a lot of big HR's. But, as someone who routinely would get sent "videos" and recruitment clips to look at I know 1 thing for certain: we only get to see the highlights portion of the video. I'm exaggerating now but, you'll get my point, for all I know she swung and missed at the next 5 pitches. This is why recruiting videos always made me chuckle, I'd see the HR she hit or the final pitch of all 12 strike outs (but none of the other pitches or know she K'd the other 3 times at bat). I'd have much rather seen how the pitcher reacts after giving up her HR (temperament, composure, etc). Then see what her next pitch is like, so I can see how quickly she regathers herself. Or if the next girl got hit in the ribs from the previous home run.

Anyway, I'm not trolling on this gal. She looks great. I am just saying I'm usually a little skeptical of videos that are edited.
So, are you saying that the best videos would be from actual games, showing all at bats/pitches faced? How many at bats would suffice? Or, are these videos just a waste of time?

May 12, 2016
The young lady is hitting Bombs ... but impossible to determine from that angle how far the ball is travelling. The view from behind the plate is very misleading

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
So, are you saying that the best videos would be from actual games, showing all at bats/pitches faced? How many at bats would suffice? Or, are these videos just a waste of time?
Would answer to this.
This type of video is a good example of exhibition of power. Or hitting off a tee.
However as a college looking to recruit would also look for Game Time Video and actual pitching to athletes.

This waste of time ~No
Live game hitting would definetly include!

Btw any game video of the athlete reffered to in post?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Would answer to this.
This type of video is a good example of exhibition of power. Or hitting off a tee.
However as a college looking to recruit would also look for Game Time Video and actual pitching to athletes.

This waste of time ~No
Live game hitting would definetly include!

Btw any game video of the athlete reffered to in post?
Rad is correct. No one is getting recruited from one video...well this one might! LOL The video peaks the interest of the college and says hey I want to get to know more about this player. However, I know personally know a player that was recruited only from her NCSA videos. Coaches offered her without having see her in person.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Rad is correct. No one is getting recruited from one video...well this one might! LOL The video peaks the interest of the college and says hey I want to get to know more about this player. However, I know personally know a player that was recruited only from her NCSA videos. Coaches offered her without having see her in person.
Have also encountered players being recruited from video alone. In those cases was D3 schools Across the Nation.

Jul 13, 2020
Seen her in person and she’s a really good player. I think she had about 10 HR in 21 High School games when season was shut down.

Aug 21, 2008

I'm telling you that when I watched videos sent, I know they were the highlights. Ouf of the 200 pitches thrown, I got to see 20 edited good ones. Also, as a coach, I would be very interested in how the pitcher bounced back from giving up a HR for example? Or hitting someone in the ribs, then seeing what the next few pitches look like and if she regained her composure That's what I'm interested in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez