Emma Humplik

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2014
I'm telling you that when I watched videos sent, I know they were the highlights. Ouf of the 200 pitches thrown, I got to see 20 edited good ones. Also, as a coach, I would be very interested in how the pitcher bounced back from giving up a HR for example? Or hitting someone in the ribs, then seeing what the next few pitches look like and if she regained her composure That's what I'm interested in.
So how is the best way to present that to a coach without sending them a full game video 2 hours long that said coach will never watch? I am assuming that a coach is not going to have time to watch a 10 minute video. So how does one construct a video that is short enough to get viewed but has the proper content that coaches want to see? You can't just send them video of a P giving up HR's and then the ensuing batter's AB. Or can you? Ha ha

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Video usually to entice in person visit right!!

Can send entire at bats.
Its still selective on what is sent....but it shows live situation within result.

Mix in tee, soft toss & live pitching.
Mix in power, power, & game ability.

imo video of crushing hr's is more for looking at swing mechanics. Because vidoe's of hr's being hit are what people save to send out.

Short clips no longer than 2 minutes.

Last edited:

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
So how is the best way to present that to a coach without sending them a full game video 2 hours long that said coach will never watch? I am assuming that a coach is not going to have time to watch a 10 minute video. So how does one construct a video that is short enough to get viewed but has the proper content that coaches want to see? You can't just send them video of a P giving up HR's and then the ensuing batter's AB. Or can you? Ha ha
I like a combination; First, posting videos that have been edited to highlight the player (this makes it easier). Then when they want to see more, make sure to have full games available in the channel (and by channel, I'm saying YouTube). I like posting times and descriptions in the video. This creates hotlinks that they can use to jump to that point in time. So they can see the entire game if they want to see something specific. Or use the links to see what you/the player thinks is important.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I like a combination; First, posting videos that have been edited to highlight the player (this makes it easier). Then when they want to see more, make sure to have full games available in the channel (and by channel, I'm saying YouTube). I like posting times and descriptions in the video. This creates hotlinks that they can use to jump to that point in time. So they can see the entire game if they want to see something specific. Or use the links to see what you/the player thinks is important.

This is the advantage of modern times. Send the coach a short video showing positives. If it grabs the coach's attention they can look for more, and longer, videos on the YouTube channel. There are a lot of options available to today's players and coaches.

Aug 21, 2008

texas, I never pretended to have all the answers. I'm just telling you from someone who's sat inside college "war rooms" where the recruiting boards list players, years, and positions that I personally didn't take a ton of stock in video highlight reels. Same as I didn't take a lot for someone who'd send me her 18-0 record, 200 strikeouts, 7 hits allowed and batted .900 in High School stats.

So, no I don't have a better solution.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
texas, I never pretended to have all the answers. I'm just telling you from someone who's sat inside college "war rooms" where the recruiting boards list players, years, and positions that I personally didn't take a ton of stock in video highlight reels. Same as I didn't take a lot for someone who'd send me her 18-0 record, 200 strikeouts, 7 hits allowed and batted .900 in High School stats.

So, no I don't have a better solution.
Those number sound like Bill Hillhouse type of stats!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying