Coaching behind the backstop?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I had a small computer chip wired into my dd's brain ,so now I don't even have to give signs,just hit the remote and she throws what ever I want.I hear they are coming out with a app. for my I-phone this winter,so now I can do this from anywhere!

I know a guy who has one of those, the controls are just like the Wii. He gets a great workout too.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I need to upgrade from my old 6 channel radio control I took out of my model airplane. Can anyone recommend any brand names for the chip and app? BTW Cleveland/ Ashtabula are is expecting up to 6" of snow by afternoon. Youngstown airport had 3" this morning.

Jan 25, 2011
I need to upgrade from my old 6 channel radio control I took out of my model airplane. Can anyone recommend any brand names for the chip and app? BTW Cleveland/ Ashtabula are is expecting up to 6" of snow by afternoon. Youngstown airport had 3" this morning.
you can keep the snow in Ohio,I live just east of Erie,Pa and had just a little this morning.

Jan 15, 2009
I am so mad Ken beat me to it. Obviously the problem with calling pitches from behind the backstop is your obstructing the pitchers view of her Dad who is really calling the game anyway. :)

As a coach over the years I have had to tell several dad's that if they didn't stop hanging on the backstop jawing at their daughter that I was going to pull the kid so they could discuss it face to face.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
One of the unofficial jobs I have on my DD team is to sit next to a pitcher's mom (at the mom's request) to remind her to keep her mouth closed while her DD is pitching. We sit down the fence a ways, but she can't seem to help herself calling out reminders.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I used to get all bunged up about the game and how my dd was pitching... But while sometimes its hard to keep my mouth shut, I do keep it shut. It dawned on me that academics should be 100Xs more important to me. But I would never be allowed to hang over her shoulder taking a test and give her help or advice. Heck I rarely look at her homework, only if she asks me. As long as its getting done, I stay out of her way. We talking about subjects and I make sure she studies. I am trying to take that same approach to softball. Discuss the games, talk about how to improve, see that she practices. The tests, assignments, and games are on her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom