Showcase Events - rules and etiquette for parents

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
I know a local D1 pitcher who blew her opportunity to go to a higher-level school for two reasons:

1) She didn't take her grades seriously, so many schools passed on her and her 75 average.
2) Her mother is nuts. She would yell at the umpires from behind the backstop over balls and strikes. She was thrown out of at least three HS games during her daughter's senior year.
Hmmm, 🤔
player recognizes 2) is embarrassing. What is the way out of the situation? 1)

Jan 22, 2011
i've witnessed a player getting removed from a coaches watch list because of her despicable behavior with her mom in a hotel lobby. Coach was eating b-fast with his wife. witnessed the player, pulled out his clip board, looked up the player and crossed her off. "don't need to tolerate that crap".

I forgot about that part, but I have seen college coaches at the same hotel my DD's team is staying at.

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
In CO this year. 18U mom went over to the Triple Crown site folks (they were there to take care of college coaches, umpires, water for umps, balls etc). One game was running long. A mom from the next game that was delayed came over and chewed them out...demanding they end the game because... well after all she PAID for her daughter to be here.
They calmly explained they don't control the game or game times and games can run long for various reasons. She didn't want to hear it and made a scene.
College coach standing there watching. When it was over the coach asked the site people what team that mom was from and if they knew her player. They did. Coach got a profile sheet and crossed that one out before the team had ever played a game.
Don't be THAT parent. SMH.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
In CO this year. 18U mom went over to the Triple Crown site folks (they were there to take care of college coaches, umpires, water for umps, balls etc). One game was running long. A mom from the next game that was delayed came over and chewed them out...demanding they end the game because... well after all she PAID for her daughter to be here.
They calmly explained they don't control the game or game times and games can run long for various reasons. She didn't want to hear it and made a scene.
College coach standing there watching. When it was over the coach asked the site people what team that mom was from and if they knew her player. They did. Coach got a profile sheet and crossed that one out before the team had ever played a game.
Don't be THAT parent. SMH.
Must have been her first tournament...ever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles