Streaming camera

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 18, 2018
Wanted to gather thoughts from those that have more experience with streaming games.
Using game changer, what's better to use a mevo or GoPro? I get the mevo has the integrated function with GC but I found the FOV too narrow for some backstops.

Do you all use mevo and if it's a short backstop use a GoPro?

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Mevo for me. Have an older Mevo Plus. I use the “Narrow” focus and I have no issues getting the field in view. Integration with GC is great. In fairness, I’ve not tried to live stream with a Go Pro (particularly with the new GC streaming function), but bought a Mevo in the first place because those more experienced than me at the time said the Mevo was much better for live streaming than the GoPro.

Aug 18, 2018
Mevo for me. Have an older Mevo Plus. I use the “Narrow” focus and I have no issues getting the field in view. Integration with GC is great. In fairness, I’ve not tried to live stream with a Go Pro (particularly with the new GC streaming function), but bought a Mevo in the first place because those more experienced than me at the time said the Mevo was much better for live streaming than the GoPro.
So I started with GoPro, just recording. Our team parents got on the GC bandwagon and I picked up a mevo start to stream with.

Yes GC is super easy with mevo. I'll also say using GoPro with GC is not that bad. It's go to stream rmtp and copy the URL and then paste that in the GoPro app when you go live to stream to that rmtp

The mevo fov was about lacking.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, one of the parents on our team has a GoPro and used it to stream during a tournament and it seemed fine although he did have some connectivity issues. Then he used his daughters iPhone (shes playing she doesn't need it) to live stream and I was more than impressed with the field of view and quality of the game. I'm not an apple person but it looked real good. I sat at home and mirrored that stream from my pixel to my Sony tv and it was a winner winner chicken dinner for me.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I prefer to stream with a phone and record with a GoPro. The Lynk Spyder rig works great, and it accommodates both seamlessly.

If you get the GoPro remote, you don't need to fill your SD card with all the between inning nonsense. I don't have any experience with the Mevo, but I have seen others use it who love it.

May 18, 2022
I use a mevo start, works pretty seamlessly with GC. My biggest issue is it isn't water resistant, I just rubber band a Ziploc bag around the back of it and that has worked fine for rain showers. The second issue I've had is for back to back games I need to restart my phone to stream the next game. Even if I power down the camera and close GC and Mevo apps (android)and restart, it still wants to stream to the first game.

It has a good field of view even with short backstops, I usually can still get 1st and 3rd. I really like the touch to zoom function, it lets you focus on the batter and zoom back quickly or with a timer function.

Our friends use a GoPro and have a ton of connection problems between the phone (apple) and the GoPro. They usually end up using their phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles