Coach lieing to team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

OK a little set up, a kid from our high school varsity team quit about 3 weeks ago the coach told the team she quit because of family issues....ok no problem.... so about a week ago we pull are youngest DD from the team because she can get more and better work at home with me than at practice with her high school team but that's neither here nor there.

So today my DW happened to be at high school giving my DD something and she meets this guy there, I'm assuming for his daughter and he looks at my DW and says "aren't you the mother of ****" she says yes I am and he replies "I'm ****'s dad so she says to him "sorry to hear about **** having to leave the team. He says "we quit because the coach is an idiot he wont play my DD so we asked him to take her down to JV so she can play and the coach said no so we pulled her. So after school my DW was asking my older DD what was said in the meeting about this kid quitting the team and she confirmed that he said she left for family issues

So here's my question... Why would a coach lie to a team of kids unless hes afraid that more of the kids will leave since some have already quit?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
When he said 'family issues' maybe he meant he had issues with the family.

(or perhaps he is just an idiot)

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Short of physical, verbal, or emotional abuse, what happens between a coach and another player is between the coach, the player, and the parents. What you may call lying may be what others call discretion.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
As a coach and former teacher, I would not be allowed to discuss a player, even with the team. I would have gave the standard answer, "She left for family reasons."

Apr 8, 2013
As the wise Obi-Wan Kenobi once said...what the coach said was "true from a certain point of view". From the coach's point of view you (parents of DD) had an issue with her situation on the team. Hence, the "family issues" statement could be interpreted as accurate.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
The most interesting thing I read in the OP is that two sets of parents pulled their daughters from a high school team.

Did the players have a say in whether they remained on the team? Or did the parents really pull them?

The most interesting thing I read in the OP is that two sets of parents pulled their daughters from a high school team.

Did the players have a say in whether they remained on the team? Or did the parents really pull them?

Actually my DD did have a say in it. We asked her if she was happy and she said no...she also told us if we win valley( which there supposed to do but that's why you play the games) she wouldn't even want a championship ring because she doesn't feel she deserved one just sitting on the bench. so yes she had a choice .... I would never pull my kid off a team if she was happy there and wanted to play. Also we have never even came remotely close to pulling her off of any other team she has ever been on.

And why is that the most interesting thing in my OP CB? Because I'm a worthless parent? Or is it because I'm mad that my poor little DD isn't getting any playing time. Hell we even asked if she could go down to JV coach said no. Were not into coaches that have to stroke their own egos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd