BoardMember IR Finish vs. Hillhouse Cross Body Arm Finish

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Sluggers, Ken et all (moderators). No more threads "Boardmember vs Hillhouse". Good heavens they teach teach the same mechanics . Why do members want to continue this? Everything those two, Javasource and Rick Pauly, Rich Balswick and others (sorry but can't possibly name evryone) have done for all of us ......we should simply say thanks and move on to the next. JMHO

Thanks to all.

May 17, 2012
You just want to make sure the follow through is similar for all pitches in my opinion. There is some merit to a longer follow through (Hillhouse) which allows the arm to decelerate in a proper manner (injury/safety reasons).

The benefit to following through to the shoulder (Hillhouse) when you are learning to pitch. Specifically it was helpful when learning the change up. Going to the back shoulder vs. going across the body was an easy way to help straighten out location issues.

I agree with others though, it BoardMember and Hillhouse aren't advocating different arm techniques.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Sluggers, Ken et all (moderators). No more threads "Boardmember vs Hillhouse". Good heavens they teach teach the same mechanics . Why do members want to continue this? Everything those two, Javasource and Rick Pauly, Rich Balswick and others (sorry but can't possibly name evryone) have done for all of us ......we should simply say thanks and move on to the next. JMHO

Thanks to all.
Agreed!
Please delete this thread!

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
I agree that I really don't want to see BH and BM pitted against each other and I understand why members don't want to see a thread potentially setting it up.

HOWEVER, it amazes me that so many members want to impart their desires on every one else.
Why do they ask to have a thread deleted just because they don't want to see it?
What about the others?
Why do we have to do what you want?

I don't know how your computer works, but I have the option to open a thread an read it. You choose to read it. If you don't want to see it, then choose not to open and read it. Seems simple to me. If I don't want to see something I simply won't look at it. I can't see a valid reason for requesting it to be deleted because I don't want to see it.

Of course board moderators have a different role.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
If the original poster's intent was to stir up an argument between Hillhouse and Boardmember, I don't think it will work. That is, I don't think Hillhouse and Boardmember are interested in arguing about this or much of anything else. Thus, I don't see the concern. Once I see the educational input of Rick Pauly along with a few others, I don't want to see the thread deleted. It's happened in the past and I've thought, "Wait a minute! There's good stuff here."

Dec 4, 2013
I think everyone should relax. It was the OP's first post. BM and Hillhouse look different on follow through, I think the poster just wanted the facts, he wasn't trying to start a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad