BoardMember IR Finish vs. Hillhouse Cross Body Arm Finish

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2014
I would like to get some feedback on the pros and cons of Bill Hillhouse's style of using the cross body arm finish vs. BoardMember's IR arm finish. Is one really better than the other or does style choice remain with the pitcher?

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I would like to get some feedback on the pros and cons of Bill Hillhouse's style of using the cross body arm finish vs. BoardMember's IR arm finish. Is one really better than the other or does style choice remain with the pitcher?

I see Hillhouse and Boardmember as being in the same camp regarding arm-whip. I have come to not really care if my pitchers finish as Hillhouse advocates or as Boardmember advocates, as long as it is one or the other or some mix of both.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2013
I see Hillhouse and Boardmember as being in the same camp regarding arm-whip. I have come to not really care if my pitchers finish as Hillhouse advocates or as Boardmember advocates, as long as it is one or the other or some mix of both.

yep. just make sure you don't snap that elbow up and point it to the catcher :)

Jun 13, 2009
Both advocate whipping the elbow through at release. Hillhouse teaches pitchers to exaggerate the movement to get the feel, hence the cross the body to opposite shoulder. At the end of the day, I think they are teaching the same thing with different verbiage. That's just my opinion based off what I've read here.

cg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06