barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Feelings? I'm not worried about your feelings.
Personal because it has to do with experience, not theory. Let's bring some real world into the discussion.

I put up my kids swing. You can go pick it apart frame by frame. Tell me what’s wrong with it. I already told you that you teach drag. That’s as far as I’m willing to go. The goal is to match video of the best. Go to twitter if you want to flex. I’m sure you’ll find many players.

let’s just say I’m proud of my kid. She has done more than I could have possibly imagined already. I don’t speak of it. That’s not my style.

Jul 29, 2013
Fine..although you knew that wasn't what I meant but whatever. I know where you stand but was just seeing if you were willing to concede that you don't know exactly what is going with the hands/wrists/forearms of a HL hitter, regardless of what you teach. That wouldn't be a stretch because I would guess most HL hitters don't know EXACTLY what they are doing in this regards either...but hey you have all the answers so good for you I guess ;)

Plus I just liked the gif :p
Great gif!

Jul 29, 2013
I put up my kids swing. You can go pick it apart frame by frame. Tell me what’s wrong with it. I already told you that you teach drag. That’s as far as I’m willing to go. The goal is to match video of the best. Go to twitter if you want to flex. I’m sure you’ll find many players.

let’s just say I’m proud of my kid. She has done more than I could have possibly imagined already. I don’t speak of it. That’s not my style.
No way. It would be a waste of time because you'd only get your feelings hurt.
Besides, I'm not talking about the swing. I'm referring to what happens to the ball.
Outcome based.
We're arguing about different ways to swing, be consistent, create power....the best swing would be the one with the best outcome.
Or do you disagree with that too?

May 12, 2016
Not possible to use words that you would understand much less agree with. You need to experience it. Get a bat and do some discovery.

I've been there, I gave TTB a serious shot, but not once did it ever get me in a FYB position.. now entertain me. You shouldn't have any problem explaining to me what you mean by this.

Jul 29, 2013
If you can find a position that makes sense to use the forearms to put a "loop in the swing" you will prob find you don't need as much sudden force to move the barrel. That's leverage. But, if you are untraining someone's swing you may have to spend some time training the correct move of the forearms to put a "loop in the swing." And that training may need some sudden force type moves to prevent the upper arms from activating before the forearms do.
Effortless bat speed by creating a more efficient and quicker, albeit longer bat path.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
No way. It would be a waste of time because you'd only get your feelings hurt.
Besides, I'm not talking about the swing. I'm referring to what happens to the ball.
Outcome based.
We're arguing about different ways to swing, be consistent, create power....the best swing would be the one with the best outcome.
Or do you disagree with that too?

I just told you to do it?! How would I get my feelings hurt? I might learn something from you? Yeah it’s a stretch... but I’m not closed minded. I would entertain it. Show me what you know...

Jun 8, 2016
I just told you to do it?! How would I get my feelings hurt? I might learn something from you? Yeah it’s a stretch... but I’m not closed minded. I would entertain it. Show me what you know...
k6wju2O.gif

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1