barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
I just told you to do it?! How would I get my feelings hurt? I might learn something from you? Yeah it’s a stretch... but I’m not closed minded. I would entertain it. Show me what you know...
Learn from your kid. How'd she swing? What was the result? Did she do it like you taught it?
I posted mine too, and the outcomes. She does it the way I taught it. I've also learned since then and would do it all over again with more TTB to fix the defects. She still had a bad habit of applying a down to path that was troublesome as far as adjustability was concerned. The direction we were going was correct and more was going to be more. Pedal to the metal.

May 12, 2016
The forward movement is the forward, TTB is the back.
Go, then TTB.
1588644716076.png

JD will explain FYB to you in this video.. check it out from 1:40-1:50. You said you have nothing to hide and want to learn.. here's your chance to learn what FYB is and where it occurs in the overall swing process

Attachments

• 1588645276533.png
    1588645276533.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
k6wju2O.gif

Are you going to share! 🤣

Jun 8, 2016
View attachment 17453

JD will explain FYB to you in this video.. check it out from 1:40-1:50. You said you have nothing to hide and want to learn.. here's your chance to learn what FYB is and where it occurs in the overall swing process

To me that portion of the video sounds more like maintaining dynamic balance as he moves out then what I understand FYB to be (which does require dynamic balance but appears to be more than that)

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
To me that portion of the video sounds more like maintaining dynamic balance as he moves out then what I understand FYB to be (which does require dynamic balance but appears to be more than that)
He talks about his "forward move towards the baseball with his hands going back at the same time".. AKA FYB.. Besides what he says he also gets in the FYB position while saying it... and yes he does mention this allows him to stay balanced.. which of course is part of the FYB sequence

Jun 8, 2016
He talks about his "forward move towards the baseball with his hands going back at the same time".. AKA FYB..
OK I'll let @TDS explain what he means by FYB (not that his definition is the end all be all but I thought that maybe that is what you were going by) but everything JD is talking about there is before his front foot hits the ground. I thought maybe there was a bit more to it then that (at least from @TDS perspective) but could be wrong 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mugs_dad