Amy- Total Control Sports Ball question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2010
Davenport, IA
I just received the Total Control Sports "whiffle" balls, yesterday. I am not associated with the company at all, so if my description is wrong in any way, I was just looking at them for the first time. I may try to hit some, today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdRU4RLk_kg

Thanks for the video, kinda gives me an idea of sizes vs a regular 12' softball. Will probably be ordering some of the regular size gel balls and the larger wiffle balls.

Nov 1, 2009
Thanks for the video, kinda gives me an idea of sizes vs a regular 12' softball. Will probably be ordering some of the regular size gel balls and the larger wiffle balls.

We have used many of their products. I also am not affiliated with them but I will say they have good stuff. The wiffle balls are rather expensive but they are much more pliable than a regular wiffle (which we break about 100 a year) so they should last. We bought 24 and used them in station work today and they worked great. I will tell you they will fly a long way when hit correctly and spin like the weighted balls when hit off center. I would give them a thumbs up if you don't mind the cost.

Sep 29, 2010
Been using ours for a month or so now. The one thing I noticed is that it would seem you only get the true benefit of the ball from front toss. Tee and Soft Toss seems to be no different than hitting any other ball.

This however is great for us.

My basement is finished, but we have discovered that we can push the couch all the way to one end of the basement and have batting practice as long as we want. So far, these balls have not hurt any walls. In fact it is very very difficult to drive one of these balls with any authority for any distance. Perfect for us cold weather state residents with limited practice areas. We can sit in the basement and hit for as long as we want.

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna, VA
Amy and others - are you still happy with the TCB hole balls?

My team broke about 4 of my brand new hard plastic wiffles today - when they said they were sorry I told them they can break as many as they like as long as they keep hitting the ball hard.

Feb 1, 2010
Midwest
Kevin,

I bought a dozen of the hole balls about 3 weeks ago and used them several times with the team, both off the tee and soft toss into a net or tarp. I have to say that they are way better to work with then the regular wiffles. On the harder indoor floors, they won't roll away as far, and they are much easier to handle. I'll probably buy another dozen or two before the summer travel season starts.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The TCB Hole Ball advertising states that they are designed not too break, ever. Plus, you get the feedback that you normally don't get from a whiffle.

I don't see their guarantee on the website.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
I bought a dozen of the regular TCB balls. The girls really liked hitting them. They don't go very far and I felt perfectly safe pitching them from about 15 to 20 feet away without a screen. I'm still trying to figure out the correct pitching speed as they do weigh quite a bit more than a regular softball.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Wellphyt never tried that. We normally only soft toss and use off a T. At 14.99 oz they are a little heavy. We got the new whiffle and really like them. Amy I was told 1 year.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Wellphyt, I am sling shotting them, from the front. I don't know how fast it is, but at least 60. :) No, actually it is slow, but I am teaching basic form at this time.

It is too bad we all can't meet in beautiful Tucson and bring the DDs. We would come up with a plan of action.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles