Amy- Total Control Sports Ball question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
I too just sling shot them to my son and daughter at bout 15 to 20 feet. I try to change speeds and move it around a bit.

Seems to work good so far doing that.

Recently revisited using them off the Tee and I like it because I don't have to set a net up.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
I never do side toss. I always throw from out front, even if that means soft toss from behind a screen. I just had my daughter pitch me a bunch of the TCB balls underhand from about 20 feet away and it didn't bother my wrist or arms at all. The biggest difference I felt from a real ball is that the TCB ball gave me the sensation that the ball stayed on the bat longer. I just hope the weight doesn't hurt the bat. I kept asking the girls if it hurt their wrist and they all kept saying no.

This past Sunday my daughter said for the first time in 10 years of playing, that she and a teammate wanted to get to the field early so they could hit the balls. Several other players showed up early and before I knew it the girls had formed in groups of three or four and were taking turns hitting the balls. The girls were alternating between pitching, hitting and fielding. I figure that's worth something.

Plus I had four parents after practice wanting to buy some from me to use at home. I'm going to buy some of the Hole Balls this week.

Mar 14, 2011
The "small" balls have become a great addition to our game day warm-up, and we have also used the large balls for some tee work over the winter during indoor workouts, but limit each round to 5 swings. I have ordered the wiffle balls and will report back once we get our hands on them.

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
MUCH nicer than chasing wiffles all over the place in pre-game warmups, and the instant feedback is great. Saw them being used at ASA nationals so we bought a couple of dozen of the smaller size....bought some of the big ones also but pretty much they just hold down the corners of the cage net....just too big. Highly recommend them!

Sep 29, 2010
Wellphyt...I've experienced the same thing.

My son and daughter have both asked to hit them. Thats a first!

I use them as the "golden carrot" for after practice fun. They work hard on the "boring" stuff, they get to hit as many of the TCB's as they want after wards.

My son is 11 and my daughter is 14. Neither complain about the wrists or elbows or anything.

The focus they have when hitting these are amazing. You can tell they are working harder and are more focused to drive these than when they are hitting wiffles.

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna, VA
As a follow up I'm really happy with the TCB hole balls. I'm using them for front toss in practice and pre-game warmups. It's obvious if they don't hit the ball square and the kids really enjoy seeing how far they can hit them. After they're warmed up on a bunch of the hole balls I finish up with a few of the heavy TCB balls. They don't hurt even if you get hit by a line drive. Worth the money in my opinion.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I had a student nail me in the face mask with the tiny holey ball, yesterday. I was about 20 feet away from her, and tossing them to her like a dart. I don't know what that would have done to my face, but I am mother of the bride, 2 weeks from today and I would rather not break my nose. A net wouldn't have helped, because they are too small. Just a word of caution.

Sep 29, 2010
Tiny holey ball? Do they have new ones out now that I am not aware of? I have the baseball sized ones and I knew about the wiffle style hole balls but assumed they were also baseball sized.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Hey gang. Was hitting with the daughter last night and picked up the balls in the yard when I noticed 3 of the 12 balls I have the red plugs are gone. On several of the remaining balls, the red plug material is cracking and deteriorating. I suspect the plugs will be gone in most of them before long.

The ones with the "plugs" missing I squeezed. I could not feel or hear any air escaping the ball or see any internal material being expelled out the hole. We kept using them. Wondering if anyone else has seen this and come up with a way to replug them?

I contacted sales and Pete was very quick to respond. He told me that the balls are unrepairable and that I could use them until they are unusable. Then I have to discard them. :( As most of you who have purchased these know, I paid a lot of money for these and would like to ensure I can use these as long as possible, even if I have to replug them myself. They are in otherwise, great condition.

To be completely fair and honest. We have had our balls more than 6 months and they have seen very very heavy use between my son and daughter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi