Americas Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2013
Hoping some DFP members have had any experience with Americas Team. My DD has been recommended and accepted as a player to travel to the Dominican Republic in 2016 and Play Fastpitch. Sounds good, who would not want to wear USA on their jersey while playing in a far away country. Does anyone have any experience with this program? Any first hand knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
How about this trip to Paris?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HIPljGWGNt4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh...that was Team America, not America's Team. My bad.

Oct 19, 2009
I have had a couple players go and all have said that it is very pricey for what you get and the competition is pretty weak.

DD had the opportunity to go few years ago and my research show the same as RB advised. She did not go due to the high cost. :mad:

Sep 29, 2014
Had a friends kid who went on something similar a few years back, it was pricey ($4-5K) they helped their kid raise the money got lots of help from family and friends, competition was not very good but was worth the experience to wear the USA and spend a week in Ireland (I think that's where they went).

I would put this in this category of asking your DD if it is something she wants to do and is she willing to work for it?

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
My DD did many fundraisers. It is expensive. In Italy, the level of the competition was mixed. However, the first pitcher DD faced was a member of the Italian National Team. That was both humbling and empowering. Before the trip, DD was very shy. Somehow the trip to Italy last year gave her the confidence to show her abilities and tackle any challenges. DD came home with a greater ability to perform in front of and speak to new people (college coaches). While she went for the experience (not for recruiting), it has made her better able to navigate the recruiting process. I don't think having that on DD's player resume will help her recruiting, but it won't hurt either.

It is crazy expensive. If you can afford it, send her. It's an amazing experience. i would suggest finding lots of unique fundraisers to help with the expense.

Mar 28, 2013
Thanks for all the great feedback, even you sluggers:D Just wanting to make sure this was not some sort of money grubbing scam. If she is willing to put in the effort for the fundraising sounds like a great experience. the estimated cost is about $3500.00

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877