Is changing team the only option here?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2015
I agree. The coach is being spiteful, so there's a better chance that the tournament will be a negative experience for your daughter as opposed to a positive.

Yep, you paid for an entire season and now you're being told you can't play out the season.

Those coaches are bad guys.

Leave.
Now.

(see if you can pick up with another team for the next month)

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
This whole thing about having to take lessons from the coaches is so bizarre. It's none of their business who the kids takes lessons from. I will choose where I spend my money. They can go pound sand! If these coaches wanted to give private lessons to each kid, is there enough time in a week to even do it?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Yep, you paid for an entire season and now you're being told you can't play out the season.

Those coaches are bad guys.

Leave.
Now.

(see if you can pick up with another team for the next month)
I wouldn't ghost the team, but I would say if she is not wanted at the last tourney, then we will kindly say good bye and good luck winning all of your plastic trophies. See you around.

Jul 31, 2015
I wouldn't ghost the team, but I would say if she is not wanted at the last tourney, then we will kindly say good bye and good luck winning all of your plastic trophies. See you around.

Never said to ghost them.

I would send an email or better, call them. Tell them you paid for the whole season and expect to play the whole season, but since they are reneging on what was paid for, then the family is out.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Never said to ghost them.

I would send an email or better, call them. Tell them you paid for the whole season and expect to play the whole season, but since they are reneging on what was paid for, then the family is out.
I was referring to an earlier comment. Unintended cross fire! lol.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
DD won't be able to play the last tournament with the team. So you see, be honest didn't get rewarded. I am pretty sure that they will bat DD last and had her play the left-field until their other pitchers are in trouble.

The problem was a lack of honesty and clear communication up front. You wanted your DD to go her preferred pitching instructor, but her team coaches wanted something else. Not being on the same page from the start is what put you here. This experience is a cheap lesson. You want team coaches who will teach your kid and develop her playing ability, not be control freaks. If you feel the need to lie, you're in the wrong situation.

PS...what's wrong with playing outfield?

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
So for people out there, this nonparent coach team didn't work out for us. When you have nonparent coaches running the team as a business, it is no better than a parent coach team.

This was your experience with this one team. Making a generalization about how this will be the same for everyone else is unrealistic. I've been in the TB world for over 7 years. I have seen great parent coaches, and bad parent coaches. I have seen great non-parent coaches, and bad non-parent coaches. Each situation is different.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812