9YO DD's pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
your momentum should carry you through into an end fielding position (her back leg figure fouring behind her stride leg is not helping either - it should be dragging forward).

My 10 YOA DD working on this and I have her back leg coming up like a figure four, kind of like what is shown in frame 8. Looking the model pitching thread this seems to be what the majority of the Ps are doing, it might have to do with the pitches they are throwing. Sarah Pauly is one example.

Is it “bad” to kick the drag foot behind the plant foot for a fastball?

Aug 19, 2011
Also, it seems to me that keeping good tall balance and keeping the release point as close to the body as possible contributes both to consistent accuracy and velocity. The pitchers who kick their legs out behind often do so to balance a significant lean to the pitching arm side. Some seem to make it work, and I understand that some pitches require it, but most coaches say that excessive body lean and separation between hand and body at release either hurts speed or consistency, or both.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
marriard, she does swing way back on the pre-motion, she's actually been wanting to switch to the hillhouse "in the glove" method. Now that fall season is over I may let her switch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish