Glove help - College outfielder

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2015
DD's car was stolen this week with all her softball gear in it. (Yes - I know, I know - we have told her 100s of times to always take her gear inside but...) She is a college outfielder and lost 2 gloves (a pancake Liberty Advanced) and a not quite broken in A2000 (along with bats and other gear). We need to replace a glove rather quickly (she is borrowing a glove for a couple weeks thankfully) and I'm trying to help her decide how to proceed. Her A2000 was a little frustrating because it was taking so long to break in - but she also might not have worked with it as much as she could have because she had another option. So thoughts? Maybe something that will last a long time but won't take a full year to break in?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I have a couple of Liberty Advanced in stock in 12.5 and 13. An A2000 and a HOH will take too long to break in, and if you take care of the LA, it will last at least two years.

Apr 26, 2015
I have a couple of Liberty Advanced in stock in 12.5 and 13. An A2000 and a HOH will take too long to break in, and if you take care of the LA, it will last at least two years.

She's a lefty. Do you have a LHT version?

Just out of curiosity - how long realistically does it take to break in an A2000?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I do not have it in a lefty model.

A determined person can get it game-ready in a few weeks, but that requires a lot of work for the A2000. Some claim they can get it ready in a few days, but that's round-the-clock pounding to get it to soften up.

Apr 26, 2015
Ok - thanks for checking for me! And thank you for your advice! :)

Jan 20, 2023
I do not have it in a lefty model.

A determined person can get it game-ready in a few weeks, but that requires a lot of work for the A2000. Some claim they can get it ready in a few days, but that's round-the-clock pounding to get it to soften up.

I just want to add to this- I’m pretty determined and I tried to get an A2000 broken in by pounding a lot. I ended up in a wrist brace for 3 weeks. So- be smarter than me. It’s still not 100%.

Dec 20, 2019
If she can use a baseball glove 12.75. I would look at the Easton professional series glove lht on just ball gloves.com for $70. It is a black h web in a 12.75, she can use it as tip to makes the pocket wider and deeper.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2015
Thank you all for the advice! As funny as it sounds I think I am more upset about the missing softball stuff than I am about the car! Haha!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles